U.S. Edition EditionsAustralia EditionChina EditionIndia EditionSingapore EditionUnited KingdomUnited States Apr 05, 1:05 PM EDT Subscribe BusinessTechnologyWorldNationalMedia & CultureMillennial MoneyOpinionSportsLuxury World By Alex Perry On 04/03/18 AT 11:07 AM A March event in Toronto that was intended to promote healthy practices may have resulted in potentially negative health consequences for its clients, the CBC reported. The “infection control breach” prompted Toronto Public Health officials to urge about 30 people to immediately see a doctor after it was learned that a needle at a health fair on March 25 may have been reused between those clients.The 30 people could be vulnerable to viruses that cause hepatitis and HIV.Acting off a complaint, Toronto Public Health found out the needle was “not consistently changed” between subjects of blood glucose tests at the Vision Infinite Foundation’s annual health fair. Blood glucose testing is a way to detect diabetes in patients, which involves a needle that is used to measure blood sugar levels.Dozens in Toronto area urged to see doctor after a needle was "not consistently changed" during diabetes testing at a health fair. A letter has been sent to those who may be affected. https://t.co/v3LUIewrbk— CBC News Alerts (@CBCAlerts) April 1, 2018The health fair organizers did not record every… Read full this story
- Health fair helps 70 homeless
- Health tourism claims are a distraction from NHS’s real problems
- 'It's heartbreaking. People dying at home, help denied them'
- State health leaders predict slow recovery from Covid-19 and no quick end to social distancing pain
- Coronavirus: Northam Seeks To Bolster Health Care Workforce In VA
- 'We still have a ways to go on antibody testing': Fauci warns it's 'an assumption' to say people who test positive are immune and can return to work
- More Black People Are Affected By The Coronavirus In GA: Report
- Mourning a 'supermom': U.S. health worker casualties mount in virus fight
- US health officials said months ago risk to the public was low. But coronavirus was already spreading
- Governor extends order restricting businesses until April 30
Needle May Have Been Reused Between 30 People At Health Fair have 330 words, post on www.ibtimes.com at April 3, 2018. This is cached page on Law Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.