The Republican Party would do a better job at dealing with taxes and the economy, according to an NBC/Wall Street Journal poll released Monday. Thirty-five percent of respondents said they prefer the GOP to handle the economy, compared with 28 percent who said they prefer Democrats, and 31 percent said they preferred Republicans over Democrats (29 percent) on the issue of taxes. In December, Democrats held a five-point advantage on the economy question and a four-point advantage on the tax question – but that was days before lawmakers passed a sweeping tax overhaul. The survey also found: Just 27 percent of Americans call the tax overhaul a good idea, while 36 percent say they disagree. Americans prefer Democrats to handle immigration, reducing gun violence, dealing with healthcare, and dealing with sexual harassment, and Republicans handle protecting America’s interest on trade issues, and reducing the federal deficit. 56 percent say the White House is either “not too competent” (17 percent) or “not competent at all” (39 percent). Just 39 percent approve of the job President Donald Trump is doing compared with 57 percent who do not. The survey was conducted April 8-11 among 900 adults and has an overall margin of error of plus-minus… Read full this story
- NBC/WSJ poll: Public remains split on Trump's impeachment and ouster from office
- 'A stable political base': Biden remains at the top of the Dem field, NBC/WSJ poll finds
- Two years in, Trump tax cuts face big test with reelection bid
- Trump signs tax bill into law
- Bonuses for some workers after tax bill passes
- Donald Trump's approval goes UP during impeachment process and support for removing him is going down, one poll finds – but another says the nation is evenly split on his fate
- Trump wants to be champion of the working class but with tax cuts for the rich it doesn't add up
- Democrats' 2020 campaign is a fight 'over the future of American capitalism'
- California GOP dilemma: Do we embrace Trump or not?
- Donald Trump Is Losing Support for His Handling of America's Economy
NBC/WSJ Poll: Americans Prefer GOP to Handle Taxes, Economy have 326 words, post on www.newsmax.com at April 16, 2018. This is cached page on Law Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.