POLITICS 04/20/2018 08:40 pm ET “To debunk science and walk away from it is ridiculous,” the former mayor said. By Mary Papenfuss Former New York City mayor and billionaire Michael Bloomberg lashed Scott Pruitt for failing to protect the environment in a “Face the Nation” interview set to air Sunday. After Bloomberg unleashed a litany of criticism about the head of the Environmental Protection Agency, program host Margaret Brennan told him: “It sounds like you’re saying he’s not doing the job that he should be doing.” Bloomberg responded: “I don’t think there’s any question about that. His job is to protect the environment and he has walked away 100 percent from that, saying the ‘environment doesn’t need protection, I’m going to protect jobs.’ That’s not his job.” He added that Pruitt’s “policies are not good for the world. To debunk science and walk away from it is just ridiculous. Even if you don’t believe it, if there’s a possibility that it’s right, you have to take prophylactic actions to prevent a disaster.” Things “are changing,” said Bloomberg. “You can’t deny that. You have a right to your own opinions; you don’t have a right to your own facts … something is… Read full this story
- Elizabeth Warren Says Michael Bloomberg’s Accusers Should Be Released from NDAs
- Michael Bloomberg, 77, gets ready to put his name on 2020 Democratic ballot in Alabama - opening way for $52 BILLION former NY mayor to make dramatic entry into presidential race
- Scott Pruitt never gave up EPA plans to debate climate science, records show
- Scott Pruitt and the Trump White House's Serial Scandals
- Who is Andrew Wheeler, Scott Pruitt's replacement at the EPA?
- Michael Bloomberg’s Multimillion-Dollar Ad Blitz Flops, Poll Indicates
- Majority of Democratic Primary Voters 'Very Uncomfortable' With Michael Bloomberg as Presidential Candidate, New Poll Shows
- Michael Bloomberg Claims ‘21 Students Are Shot Every Day’ Under Trump
- ‘I Got Something Important Really Wrong’: Michael Bloomberg Apologizes For Stop-And-Frisk
- Michael Bloomberg Apologizes For Controversial Stop-And-Frisk Policy, But Some Question Sincerity
Michael Bloomberg Accuses Scott Pruitt Of Abandoning The Environment '100 Percent' have 348 words, post on www.huffingtonpost.com at April 19, 2018. This is cached page on Law Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.