A cell phone video recorded in Barking, East London, has been widely criticized on social media for showing a man purposely spitting in a Big Mac before handing it to a homeless person on the street.
The video was posted to Snapchat Wednesday by user Mikel Edwards under the account handle, “savemiks.” The caption on the video, which has since been shared across Instagram and Twitter, reads “I got no heart innit.” The footage shows a man clearly spit into the half-eaten McDonalds sandwich as he insidiously offers the Big Mac to the man lying on the ground.
“There’s a full Big Mac there,” the man recording the video can be heard saying as he records himself walking toward the homeless man. “Watch, watch this now,” he then boasts as he spits into the sandwich and others around him are heard gasping in disgust while some others can be heard laughing. “Do you want a burger as well?” Edwards asks the man lying on the sidewalk next to blankets and pillows as he hands him the McDonalds sandwich.
“No problem man. Enjoy it,” he says casually, as he records the man consuming the burger before he cuts away. Seemingly appearing to boost people following his Snapchat account, the caption on Edwards’ video also reads, “Add my snap savemiks” with an emoji showing a vomiting action.
A viral cell phone video recorded in Barking, East London, has been widely criticized on social media for showing a man purposely spitting in a Big Mac before handing it to a homeless person on the street. Screenshot: YouTube
The “savemiks” account links over to a “savagemiks” account in which the “Wavey Mikel” username encourages fellow Snapchat users to follow his “main” screen name. The user also has several images shared to a U.K. street blogs account that is private. Thousands of responses on Instagram and Twitter have condemned the video as “repulsive” and “disgusting,” with several social media users posting links to several homeless charities in the U.K.
Homelessness in East London was already under scrutiny this week after three large billboards were placed in front of a church in the Hackney borough urging action on increasing homeless hangouts, iNews Hackney first reported. The St. Mary’s church posted the signs to illuminate a lack of police effort and government funding, with one of the signs noting there are 6,167 people classified as homeless in the immediate area. The church hosts the Hackney Food Bank, Hackney Migrants’ Centre and Hackney Winter Night Shelter to help homeless people.
- Bake Off's Prue Leith gets 'McDonald’s shamed' by 'bl***y chaffeur' over Big Mac
- How one man's difficult past inspired his effort to feed those in need
- Fleetwood Mac: They Dared To Be Different
- Fleetwood Mac: Back on the Chain Gang
- The True Life Confessions of Fleetwood Mac
- Fleetwood Mac’s ‘Rumours’: 10 Things You Didn’t Know
- Fleetwood Mac: Happy at the Top
- Mac Miller Was Trying to Be Better
- Tennessee Man Suing Popeyes Chicken Because He Can't Get a Chicken Sandwich
- 'This is their bedroom': counting rough sleepers in England's homeless hotspots
- 'You're not a serial killer, are you?': What woman, 20, said in a text to a man who 'offered her $500 for sex' just HOURS before he 'strangled her to death in a sexually-motivated murder spree that left two others dead'
- 'The rats are out': Disgusting moment a teenage girl SPITS on a McDonald's worker as she throws punches over the counter in expletive-laden rant
- Celebrity Big Brother - from fake stars to cringe posers... body language expert reveals just who is LYING from the start
- Five managers who could replace under-fire Solskjaer at Man Utd including Tottenham’s Pochettino and ex-Liverpool rival Rodgers
- Jon Favreau On the Food Porn-y ‘Chef,’ ‘The Jungle Book,’ and Why He Left the ‘Iron Man’ Franchise
- Man Utd ‘chose not to sign Neymar over fears of Brazilian’s party lifestyle’
- Inside Man Utd chief Richard Arnold’s plush meeting with Saudi Arabia delegates amid £3bn-plus takeover interest
- Five transfers Man Utd, Arsenal and Spurs can still complete before window shuts as they try to form title-challenging squads
- India vs Bangladesh T20 Series 2019: Man of the Match and Series, Records & Stats, Achievements and More
- Joey King enjoys quality time with big sister as she poses up a storm in playful frock at People's Choice Awards
Man Records Himself Spitting Into Big Mac Before Handing Sandwich To Homeless Man have 752 words, post on www.newsweek.com at April 26, 2018. This is cached page on Law Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.