POLITICS 04/25/2018 11:35 pm ET “What I hope they’ll do is ask themselves, Republicans: ‘So what will I tell my grandchildren?'” By Nick Visser 450 Former FBI Director James Comey said at a televised town hall Wednesday that he is “embarrassed and ashamed” of the Republican Party for abandoning the values he once took pride in. “I was attracted by the notion that character matters and values matter most of all, that that’s where you start in evaluating a person, an entity, a country: What are their values. That’s non-negotiable,” Comey said at the CNN event at his alma mater, the College of William & Mary in Virginia. Comey has conducted a range of interviews to tout the release of his new book, A Higher Loyalty, this month. CNN’s Anderson Cooper and students asked about a host of issues, including his firing, the moral fitness of President Donald Trump and his thought process regarding an investigation of Hillary Clinton ahead of the 2016 presidential election. When asked by a young Republican student what first attracted him to the party and what conservatives could “rally around today,” Comey bluntly said he was no longer a Republican before questioning the motives of top… Read full this story
- Trump Passes on Opportunity to Criticize LeBron James at Ohio Rally
- LeBron James hints he'll visit Los Angeles pizza place -- then leaves fans waiting in the heat
- Did Draymond Green, Tristan Thompson fight at ESPYs party? Latest details on reported scuffle
- Embarrassing aftermath of Team USA loss in Ryder Cup continues
- Lakers waive Luol Deng, clear cap space to add max player alongside LeBron James next summer
- Jeff Sessions Out as Attorney General, Says He Resigned at Trump's Request
- Trump to DOJ: Investigate whether FBI infiltrated campaign
- Jeff Sessions news: Trump fires Sessions; Whitaker is named acting AG
- The Mets, Their Season Mercifully Ended, Turn to G.M. Search
- What would Arnold Palmer think of Donald Trump today?
James Comey Is 'Embarrassed And Ashamed' Of The Republican Party have 316 words, post on www.huffingtonpost.com at April 24, 2018. This is cached page on Law Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.