CONTACTLESS card fraud has doubled in the past year – and The Sun on Sunday can reveal just how easy it is to fall victim while you shop. Our investigation found that a widely available app allows thieves to clone tap-and-go credit and debit cards in just ONE SECOND by pressing up against shoppers. Your car keys could soon be used to pay for shopping or beer thanks to new contactless card tech The software turns a mobile phone or tablet into a scanner, meaning a crook can spend your money without reaching into your pocket. Our reporter tried the app on a busy high street and cloned a credit card we gave to our test “victim” with a simple swipe of a hand. Andre Kay, security expert at tech company VoyagerBlue, said: “If your debit or credit card is compromised in this way the implications can be terrifying. “A fraudster can go online shopping with your money. They can also go to popular travel websites and book a luxury holiday that you or your bank will have to pay for. “The fact it is so easy to copy a contactless card is a huge concern.” The app — which… Read full this story
- Online banking warning: The simple way you could reduce the risk of falling victim to scam
- 10 tips to avoid scammers from stealing your hard-earned savings
- Europol: Credit Card Fraud Spells Low Risk and High Profits
- App tracks free trials so you never pay for subscriptions
- 10 Dirty Tricks Credit Card Companies Play
- Do Not Pay founder launches anti-subscription app in the UK
- Cards And Payments Industry In Nigeria - Emerging Trends And Opportunities To 2019
- Mobile Apps That Help You With Your Budget
- SBI po admit card all you wanted to know.
- Highlanders told not to let crooks 'Cook' their books
How crooks are using a legal app to steal your bank card details in under one SECOND have 296 words, post on www.thesun.co.uk at April 8, 2018. This is cached page on Law Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.