POLITICS 04/04/2018 09:16 am ET “Would anyone be surprised?” Rep. Dana Rohrabacher (R-Calif.) guessed amid early news coverage of the shooting. By Hayley Miller 780 28 Rep. Dana Rohrabacher (R-Calif.) speculated that the person who opened fire at YouTube’s headquarters in San Bruno, California, might be “an illegal immigrant” immediately after the first news reports of the attack. The Republican lawmaker offered his premature thoughts during an appearance on the Fox Business Network Tuesday afternoon, hours before police identified the shooter. “You were going to discuss with me about sanctuary cities and the sanctuary state movement, and it fits right into what you’re talking about right now,” Rohrabacher told host David Asman, when asked for comment on the shooting. Rohrabacher went on to link the shooter to “criminal illegal aliens” as the network’s chyron was characterizing the news as an “active shooter situation.” “Would anyone be surprised?” Rohrabacher continued. “Would anyone listening to you right now say, ‘Well, this certainly wouldn’t be an illegal immigrant there.’ Well, it could be! Everybody knows that could be! … Sanctuary city ― my foot! We should be making sure we emphasize that any illegal in this state should be sent back whether he’s a criminal… Read full this story
- Steve Levy: Gov. Cuomo’s liberal policies are putting illegal immigrants ahead of New Yorkers
- After Kavanaugh’s Confirmation, the GOP Will Surely Pass Criminal-Justice Reform
- YouTube lets people view Alison Parker's murder. Her father won't stop until every video is removed
- Claim: In 2018, 10,150 Americans were killed by illegal immigrants, while 194 Americans were killed in mass shootings
- False Claim: In 2018, 10,150 Americans were killed by illegal immigrants, while 194 Americans were killed in mass shootings
- Swing-vote GOP Sen. Alexander comes out against witnesses, paving way for imminent Trump acquittal
- The GOP Isn’t Exonerating Trump—It’s Indicting Itself
- Juan Williams: Will the GOP ever curb Trump?
- ‘Avengers’ Director Joss Whedon Laments Why the ‘Misogynist Democratic Party’ Can’t Beat the ‘Murderous’ GOP
- A crowded primary for former Rep. Katie Hill’s congressional district exposes party rifts
GOP Rep. Speculated 'Criminal Illegal Aliens' Were Behind YouTube Shooting have 332 words, post on www.huffingtonpost.com at April 4, 2018. This is cached page on Law Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.