COLUMBUS, Ohio (AP) — Former Ohio State University football coach Earle Bruce has died at his home in central Ohio. The College Football Hall of Fame member was 87.His four daughters released a statement Friday on the loss of “a wonderful husband, father, grandfather and a respected coach to many.” He was preceded in death by his wife, Jean.Bruce followed Woody Hayes as football coach and compiled an 81-26-1 record. His teams won or shared in four Big Ten titles in between 1979 and 1987. He also coached at Tampa, Colorado State University, Iowa State, and the University of Northern Iowa. His career record was 154-90-2. He earlier coached high school football in Ohio.Bruce’s Ohio State playing career was cut short by injury. Hayes encouraged him to get into coaching.
- Urban Meyer reacts to Ohio State's hoops win at Iowa
- J.K. Dobbins explains why Ohio State's gap with Alabama is 'close'
- Dabo Swinney reflects on Ohio State loss: 'We got our butts kicked'
- Ohio State vs Alabama live stream: how to watch 2021 National Championship anywhere
- Defying The Odds: UC Davis Football Coach Continues To Inspire Others With Positive Attitude, Determination
- Newcastle United announce appointment of trophy winning ex-World Cup coach
- Super Bowl 2021: Tampa Bay Bucs Coach Bruce Arians, WR Chris Godwin Reflect On Local Roots Before Super Bowl 55 Vs. Chiefs
- Penn State still in 'really good place' after tough 2020 season
- Captain Tom Moore dies: Harry Kane remembers 'an inspirational man'
- Report: Jaguars hire Chris Ash to coach secondary
Former Ohio State football coach Earle Bruce dies at age 87 have 242 words, post on tucson.com at April 20, 2018. This is cached page on Law Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.