TWO boy racers are facing jail after a young woman was killed in a head-on crash as the speeding pair raced 90mph down a road. Kelly Kennedy, 25, was killed “instantaneously” when her Ford Ka was smashed into as she made her way home from work. Driver Cory Kedward, 23, had denied causing death by dangerous driving but was today found guilty after a trial over the young woman’s death. A court heard Kelly had tried to brake and swerve to avoid the cars driving “side-by-side” but she tragically died at the scene in Swansea. Kedward’s co-accused Liam Price, 23, had previously pleaded guilty to causing death by dangerous driving. His car had collided with Kelly’s, but Kedward managed to avoid the crash, and did not stop to see what happened. Prosecutor Jim Davies said Kedward was racing his black Vauxhall Astra SRi and Price was in his turquoise Honda Civic Sport when the smash happened. Mr Davies told Swansea Crown Court: “They were side-by-side, travelling at high speed. They were, we say, racing.” The court heard that moments before the crash three passengers in Price’s car “screamed” at him to slow down. One of the passengers estimated the cars were travelling between… Read full this story
- Truck driver in New Hampshire crash that killed 7 bikers was on drugs, report says
- Woman Killed, 4-Year-Old Seriously Injured In Car Crash: Police
- Grandad may lose leg after drunk driver crashed into statue and crushed him
- Taxi driver fronts court over fatal collision with nursing home minibus
- Mother-to-be, 19, who awoke from coma to find unborn son and boyfriend dead in smash while fleeing police says: 'I feel like I died in that crash'
- Rapper Bugzy Malone in 'stable condition' with serious injuries after smashing his motorbike into a car and flying through the air in crash caught on shocking CCTV footage
- Boozy bus driver forgot what route he was on during 30-minute ride of 'terror'
- Driver who allegedly flouted coronavirus roadblock to have mental health assessed
- Dramatic moment drugged-up driver crashes after police chase in accident that left no one injured thanks to 'pure luck'
- Newborn baby sent flying as 'drink-driver' smashes into pram at zebra crossing
Driver, 23, found guilty of dangerous driving after woman killed in head-on smash have 356 words, post on www.thesun.co.uk at April 11, 2018. This is cached page on Law Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.