Share Tweet Plus One Pin It Email Print By: Live Law March 29, 2018 3:57 pm Change Font Size Even as the Supreme Court had way back in the year 2014 assured that transgenders be treated as “third gender” and granted legal recognition of their identities, they continue to face hardships in routine affairs such as filing of income tax returns since there is no option for a “third gender” on PAN cards and forms. Faced with trouble in filing income tax returns, a transgender social activist from Patna, Bihar, has moved the Supreme Court seeking directions to the Centre to create a separate “third gender” category on PAN cards and application forms for PAN to enable transgender persons to get accurate identity proofs. In her petition filed through Human Rights Law Network, Reshma has challenged the September 19, 2017 order passed by the High Court at Patna dismissing her petition for self-identify as the Third Gender in PAN for the purpose of linking PAN and Aadhaar and to avail of the associated benefits. Reshma said in her petition that in 2017, she was recognised by the Government of Bihar for her innovative idea of a new start-up known as… Read full this story
- Pentagon free to cap military service for transgenders
- Muslim mum protests outside school she says 'promotes homosexuality' to her kids
- Christmas Eve YEP honours: Some of our outstanding Leeds citizens
- POLITICO London Playbook, presented by BP: Heroes and villains — Love is a losing game — We love EU too
- What you need to know about pensions in 2019
- POLITICO London Playbook, presented by London First: Another day, another vote — ‘Keep buggering on’ — The history May-ker
After Mandatory Aadhaar-PAN Linkage, Transgender Activist Moves SC For Third Gender Option In PAN Cards [Read Petition] have 266 words, post on www.livelaw.in at March 29, 2018. This is cached page on Law Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.