Ten Army instructors have gone on trial accused of abusing teenage recruits at a training academy.
The defendants, who were instructors at the Army Foundation College in Harrogate, North Yorkshire, face 25 charges of ill-treatment and six of battery.
The charges relate to 12 alleged victims over a nine-day period in June 2014.
It is alleged recruits were slapped or punched in the face, spat at, grabbed by the throat, had their faces submerged in mud or were ordered to eat animal manure.
The defendants, all sergeants or corporals who deny the charges, are on trial at the court martial centre in Bulford, Wiltshire.
:: Sergeant Simon Girault, of 1st Battalion, Royal Regiment of Fusiliers, who is accused of four charges of battery and five of ill-treatment.
:: Staff Sergeant Steven Harrison, of 3rd Regiment, Royal Horse Artillery, who is accused of one charge of battery and one of ill-treatment.
:: Sergeant Thomas Bryan, of 2nd Battalion, The Mercian Regiment, who is accused of one charge of battery and one of ill-treatment.
:: Staff Sergeant Brian Crawford, of 152 (North Irish) Regiment, The Royal Logistic Corps, who is accused of six charges of ill-treatment.
:: Corporal Andrew Armitage, of 156 Regiment, The Royal Logistic Corps, who is accused of one charge of ill-treatment.
:: Sergeant Mark Graham, of the HQ Defence Food Services School, Royal Logistic Corps, who is accused of four charges of ill-treatment.
:: Acting Sergeant Steven Duncan, of 1st Battalion Scots Guards, who is accused of four charges of ill-treatment.
:: Acting Sergeant Daniel Royle, of 1st Battalion, The Duke of Lancaster’s Regiment, who is accused of one charge of ill-treatment.
:: Corporal Anthony Thomas, 2nd Battalion, The Royal Anglian Regiment, who is accused of one charge of ill-treatment.
:: Sergeant Robert Comley, of The Queen’s Dragoon Guards, who is accused of one charge of ill-treatment.
- Lawmaker Accused of Abuse Working on a Bill to Drug Test Victims of Domestic Violence
- The Most Recent—and Disturbing—Abuse Allegations Launched Against R. Kelly: Report
- Our schools need tough guys teaching teenage boys, not feminised men changing infants' nappies
- US Army Quietly Lifts Ban on Recruits With Some Mental Health Issues
- Raquel Was Terrified to Report Her Abusive Boyfriend. Texas' SB4 Could Make Things Worse.
- GOP Ala. Senate Candidate Roy Moore Faces Pressure to Drop Out After Being Accused of Sexually Abusing 14-Year-Old
- Prosecutors prepare jurors to hear tough testimony in Bever murder trial
- Strampel to stand trial on sex-related charges
- Judge Denies Lawyer’s Request to #FreeBresha Meadows Until Trial
- 3 Former US Army Soldiers Convicted in Contract Killing
- Report: Cardinal Resigns Amidst Allegations of Sexual Abuse of Adults and Minors
- Report: Cardinal and Prominent Critic of Sexual Abuse Resigns Amidst Sexual Abuse Allegations
- Report: Pope Francis Implicated In the Sexual Abuse Of Deaf Orphans In Argentina
- Bill Cosby’s Other Accusers Will Not Be Allowed to Testify at His Upcoming Criminal Trial for Sexual Assault
- Military judge frees Navy SEAL in advance of murder trial
- R. Kelly Accuser Alleges Older Woman Trained Her to Please Him Sexually
- Why Is Rachel Jeantel Being Treated Like She's the One on Trial?
- Yet Another Disturbing Story of a Grown-Ass Woman Messing With a Teenage Boy
- Marine instructors allegedly tossed a Muslim recruit into a dryer and asked if he was ‘part of 9/11’
- News diary 6-12 August: English cricketer Ben Stokes affray trial begins and NASA to launch solar probe
Ten Army instructors face trial over alleged abuse of teenage recruits have 542 words, post on news.sky.com at February 12, 2018. This is cached page on Law Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.