Every matrimonial conduct, which may cause annoyance to the other, may not amount to cruelty, the court observed.The police machinery cannot be utilized for the purpose of holding the husband at ransom so that he could be squeezed by the wife at the instigation of her parents or relatives or friends, observed the High Court of Gujarat while quashing a case against the husband filed by his wife.The husband had approached the high court seeking to quash FIR filed against him by his wife for the offence punishable under sections 498A, 506(2) and 294B read with 114 of the Indian Penal Code and Sections 3 and 7 of the Dowry Prohibition Act.Perusing the complaint, Justice JB Pardiwala remarked: “The case appears to be one of a serious maladjustment in the marital life. The wife, as usual, has levelled wild and reckless allegations of harassment and cruelty not only against the husband, but even against the father-in-law and mother-in-law. The allegations do not inspire any confidence worth the name. In my view, continuation of the criminal proceedings will be nothing, but an abuse of the process of law.”The judge further observed that, if the court is convinced by the fact that… Read full this story
- Clay County mom of girls found dead faces felonies in prior incident with husband
- Mom of girls found dead in Missouri charged with assault of husband, police say
- Jersey Shore: Police called to Toms River home of JWoww and Roger Mathews
- Police use Taser on 87-year-old woman cutting dandelions with a knife
- Shooting at Gulfport's Prudie Circle leaves one person in critical condition, police say
- Her Husband Was a Princeton Graduate Student. Then He Was Taken Prisoner in Iran.
- Abductors of Imo musician demand N5m ransom
- Nigeria: Police Rescue Abducted Mikel Obi's Father
- Nigeria: Police Rescue Mikel Obi's Father From Kidnappers
- Kenya: Nairobians to Use Public Toilets for Free, Sonko Orders
Police Machinery Can’t Be Utilised To Hold Husband At Ransom: Gujarat HC [Read Order] have 308 words, post on www.livelaw.in at December 8, 2017. This is cached page on Law Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.