Fernando Alonso began his preparations for the Rolex 24 At Daytona with his first test behind the wheel of a United Autosports car at Aragon. Just days before the final race of the F1 season, the Spaniard was putting in the laps in the Ligier JS P217 at Motorland Aragon in Spain. “I had a great first test,” said Alonso. “Obviously, we are on a really tight schedule between now and Daytona, but it was nice to jump in the car for the first time. “There’s quite a few switches and things to study so it was important to do this initial shakedown before Daytona, so I could fully learn about the car. “I’m happy with everything – the car felt great and the team were fantastic. The atmosphere here is wonderful, like a big family, so today has been amazing. I cannot wait for Daytona.” Alonso, who covered 98 laps, will race for United Autosports at January’s Daytona with Phil Hanson and McLaren reserve driver Lando Norris.
- Pete Alonso’s big game-winning HR in ninth helps Mets end skid
- The Mets' true test is finally here
- Pete Alonso’s legend is growing in spite of the Mets’ mediocrity
- New York Mets rookie Alonso sets team record with 42nd home run
- Alonso, McLaren miss by .02 mph
- Florida Principal Gives Hundreds of Students Fake AP Test
- Pete Alonso’s sacrifice fly in 10th bails out Jeurys Familia and Mets
- Pete Alonso has turned four letters into Mets rallying cry
- Pete Alonso’s record-tying blast can’t hide Mets’ sloppiness
- Kaiser boots Alonso, McLaren from Indy 500
Alonso completes test ahead of Daytona debut have 267 words, post on www.planetf1.com at November 21, 2017. This is cached page on Law Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.