The Identitarian Ideas X event had been planned for Saturday, November 4th by far-right blog portal Motpol, and Spencer, a prominent activist for the so-called alt right, was set to be keynote speaker. But on Monday the organizers announced on the website of far-right publishing company Arktos that the conference had been cancelled after receiving indirect “indications from Swedish authorities” that Spencer would not be allowed in the country. The statement did not explain the nature of these alleged indications, but claimed: “The fact that our opponents fear what we have to say that they stoop to threats of travel bans and extensive sabotage to prevent peaceful conferences is a testament to the power of our message and proves that the alt-right are indeed the only true opposition to the globalist agenda.” It also said that there had been “a wide-spread campaign to prevent us from hiring venues in the Stockholm area”. The Local contacted Arktos and Daniel Friberg, one of the organizers and a co-founder of Motpol, for comment, but they had not responded at the time of publication, while Swedish daily Aftonbladet reported that Friberg hung up the phone after a request for comment. Spencer has called for… Read full this story
- US capital ramps up security ahead of white nationalist rally
- German leaders use Austria scandal to blast own far right
- Merkel hangs on to power but bleeds support to surging far right
- Merkel condemns 'hunt' against foreigners as far right calls new demo
- Hollande's Socialists pull out of key French polls to block far-right
- Far-right supporter Brigitte Bardot slams #MeToo, accusing it of 'threatening sexual freedom'
- EU Parliament to claim €340,000 from French far right leader
- France probes far-right FN over suspected fraud
- Dogs join fight against far-right ahead of French election
- Far right Le Pen launches European elections campaign
Far-right conference with white nationalist Richard Spencer cancelled in Stockholm have 307 words, post on www.thelocal.se at October 31, 2017. This is cached page on Law Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.