The Supreme Court will hear five constitution bench matters from October 10. As per a notice issued on Tuesday, the cases include NCT Delhi vs Union of India and Common Causes vs Union of India (euthanasia). Chief Justice Dipak Misra on Tuesday hinted that the Constitution Benches will be constituted soon. 1.NCT Delhi Vs Union Of India After hearing the matter for more than five months, a two judge bench of the Supreme Court in February 2017, referred to a constitution bench all petitions pertaining to power tussle between Delhi’s Arvind Kejriwal government and the Centre.Through an SLP, the government had challenged the August 4, 2016 judgment of the Delhi High Court that declared Lt Governor as the “administrative head” and ruled that he is not bound by the aid and advice of the council of ministers. 2.Common Cause Vs Union Of IndiaSupreme Court in February 2015,referred a plea for voluntary passive euthanasia to the constitution bench in the case of a person who is in terminal illness and in medical opinion there is no chance of revival and recovery.The decision of a bench headed by Justice P Sathasivam came on a plea by an NGO Common Cause that a person, who… Read full this story
- Drilon asks SC to act on petition vs EDCA
- SC justice Martires willing to appear at Sereno impeachment hearing
- Associate Justice Carpio to testify vs Chief Justice Sereno
- Duterte will heed SC decision on martial law, Abella reiterates
- The Constitution is dead, are there any mourners?
- Anwar Ibrahim's Sodomy Case: Timeline Of Events And All You Need To Know
- What honest elections are we talking about?
- Nation gagging on Grace Poe, vomit her out
- Trump’s Supreme Court nominee just had his first real day of grilling — and there’s more to come
- Grace stays in the race
Breaking: SC Constitution Benches To Hear Delhi VS Centre, Euthanasia & 3 Other Matters From Oct.10 have 296 words, post on www.livelaw.in at October 4, 2017. This is cached page on Law Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.