Uber is taking a black drivers’ side after a racially charged argument. Video dated Sept. 2 shows the man kicking out several passengers after one made a “white privilege” comment. Then one person, apparently the one sitting in the passenger seat, called him a “b—h ass n—-r.”In a statement emailed to Law Newz, the company supported the driver.“We do not tolerate discrimination of any kind on the app and the incivility shown here is completely unacceptable,” an Uber spokesperson wrote. “The driver reported this to us shortly after the incident occurred and we permanently removed the rider’s access to the Uber app.”Neither the driver nor the customers’ were identified.Footage shows several passengers entering the car, and one says “white privilege” twice, apparently randomly. The driver asks the other riders to close an overhead compartment they accidentally opened, then he questions the man in the passenger-side seat, concerned with his apparent behavior: “Are you okay?”He talks it out with two male passengers for a short while, and tells one not to touch his stuff. After a short drive, he pulls over the vehicle, and tells everyone to leave. “You’re nothing but a b—h a– n—r,” said one male rider in response.Cue an… Read full this story
- Women Harassed by Uber and Lyft Drivers Want Answers—Not a $5 Credit
- Uber riders and drivers share fears about safety after company releases assault numbers
- Uber vs. Lyft: Cost, safety, user experience compared
- Oregon Rep. Pushing Bill to Address Sexual Assault in Transportation Industry Says Uber Can Do More to Prevent Attacks
- US lawmaker says Uber must take action after disclosing sexual assault reports
- How much is an idea worth? In Uber’s case, $3.7 billion
- Ford driver, 65, is charged over fatal pile up that killed two people and injured nine others sparking hours of delays and travel misery for thousands of commuters
- Black Lightning Recap With Spoilers: Red Skies Come to Freeland in "The Book of Resistance: Chapter Four: Earth Crisis"
- Data watchdog looks at whether No 10 covered up Uber correspondence
- On Uber, hundreds of incidences of rape go unreported to police
Uber Takes Black Drivers’ Side After White Passenger Called Him ‘B—h Ass N—r’ (WATCH) have 350 words, post on lawnewz.com at September 18, 2017. This is cached page on Law Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.