A Netflix lawyer took a humorous approach when he sent a cease-and-desist letter to the owners of a pop-up bar in Chicago.“Please don’t make us call your mom,” says the cease-and-desist letter written by Bryce Coughlin, director and senior counsel for content and brand IP at Netflix. Publications covering the story involving the letter include DNAInfo and the Chicago Tribune.The bar is named The Upside Down and its theme is based on Netflix’s Stranger Things science-fiction show, starring Winona Ryder. Set in a fictional Indiana town in the 1980s, the show is about a vanishing boy, secret lab experiments by a researcher named Dr. Martin Brenner, and supernatural forces, according to Netflix’s official website and Wikia pages here, here and here. In his research, Brenner discovered a gate to an alternate dimension called the Upside Down and unleashed a monster nicknamed the Demogorgon.The letter reads:“My walkie talkie is busted so I had to write this note instead. I heard you launched a Stranger Things pop-up bar at your Logan Square location. Look, I don’t want you to think I’m a total wastoid, and I love how much you guys love the show. (Just wait until you see Season 2!) But… Read full this story
- Tex-Mex chain sues mom-and-pop over "Gringo" name
- EXCLUSIVE: 'I wish I'd never set up that Trump Tower meeting!' Russian pop star at center of infamous 'Hillary dirt' offer, tells of relief at end of Mueller probe as he finally gets to perform U.S. tour he canceled fearing he would be indicted
- Shop Small In Diamond Bar Saturday 2019
- First Job at 1 and First Drink at 9: 20 Secrets About Drew Barrymore, Hollywood's Ultimate Survivor
- Is So Much More Than a Gentrification Story
- The Creator of the Original
- FMIA Week 16: Don’t Look Now, But Philly’s a Factor (With a Healthy QB)
- Trump Store Opens In Bucks Co.
- Inside Gore Vidal’s Cliffside Palace of Sex, Scandal, and Celebrity
- ‘El Camino: A Breaking Bad Movie’ Recap: Jesse Pinkman Is Born Again
'Please don't make us call your mom,' Netflix tells pop-up bar owners in cease-and-desist letter have 337 words, post on www.abajournal.com at September 20, 2017. This is cached page on Law Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.