The Ministry of Women and Child Development, on Monday, launched the “SHe-box” – an online complaint box – that will be hosted at the Ministry’s website (www.wcd.nic.in), for Government employees who face sexual harassment or abuse at work.“This portal is an initiative to provide a platform to women working or visiting any office of Central Government (Central Ministries, Departments, Public Sector Undertakings, Autonomous Bodies and Institutions etc.) to file complaints related to sexual harassment at workplace under the SH Act. Those who had already filed a written complaint with the concerned Internal Complaint Committee (ICC) constituted under the SH Act are also eligible to file their complaint through this portal,” a release said.Elaborating on the necessity and importance of the mechanism, the release further states, “Ensuring the dignity and safety of women must be first priority for any digital society. Towards realisation of the vision of the Digital India programme, the Ministry is promoting utilisation of information and communication technology to achieve the goal of gender equality and women empowerment. It is an effort to utilise the digital space to enable speedier response to the complaints of women against sexual harassment at workplace.” It goes on to explain that after submission of the complaint, it… Read full this story
- Suit salesman sacked for sexually harassing female colleague loses unfair dismissal action
- Questions about the launch of the new Independent Group of MPs
- Crowds turn out across UK for annual Boxing Day hunts
- Rise of the shops in a box
- Prison service is eager to stop any uncomfortable truths from seeing the light of day
- MPs given updated advice on how to behave in Parliament
- German conservatives resist #MeToo measure in European Parliament
- Disgusting texts by shamed MP Andrew Griffiths read out in Commons
- Emma Watson 'optimistic for a fairer future' as Golden Globes set to kick off most diverse awards season yet
- Plans to protect new parents returning to work don't go far enough...
Centre Launches Electronic-Box (She-Box) For Registering Complaints Related To Sexual Harassment At Workplace have 319 words, post on www.livelaw.in at July 25, 2017. This is cached page on Law Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.