- The Russians stayed in international airspace but did fly as close to 50 miles from Point Hope, Alaska.
- The US military sees these flights as routine and pose no concern
Washington (CNN)Two Russian bombers, flanked by a pair of fighter jets, were intercepted by stealth US F-22 aircraft off the coast of Alaska on Wednesday, according to North American Aerospace Defense Command (NORAD).
- Pentagon Releases New Video of Russian Fighter's Dangerous Intercept
- Spotlight: Moscow's oil claim points to problems with Ankara on Syria
- Report: Iran Prepares to Withdraw From Parts of Nuclear Deal
- SKorea news agency: NKorea threatens to cancel US summit
- DT10: Military. From cyberwarfare to drones, the future of conflict is electronic
- An Exclusive Look at the Crazy-Fit Contestants on
- A Look at US Involvement in Syria
- UFO Legacy: What Impact Will Revelation of Secret Government Program Have?
- Israel, Iran Engage in Most Serious Confrontation in Syria
- Declassified: 18 little-known facts about US Air Force stealth program (pictures)
- Some Veterans Worry A PTSD Diagnosis Will Force Them To Choose: Treatment Or Their Guns
- Top 10 security stories of 2000
- D-Day at 75: Nations Honor Aging Veterans, Fallen Comrades
US F-22s intercept Russian bombers, fighters near Alaska have 1865 words, post on edition.cnn.com at May 3, 2017. This is cached page on Law Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.