A representation made to the five senior-most Judges of the Supreme Court has demanded that the Registrar General be directed to plan the annual calendar in such a way so that the Apex Court works at least 225 days per year, 06 hours per day. The representation, made by Advocate Ashwini Upadhyay further demands that High Courts be directed to: list the matters pending for over 15 years in top order every month, and expedite the hearing, in spirit of the Article 21 and Preamble of the Constitution of India; fix the next date of listing in the Court itself, immediately after hearing the matter; fix a returnable date for filing Counter/Rejoinder affidavit while issuing the notices; stop publication of Cause List, and email and SMS it to the concerned persons; impose exemplary costs on the parties responsible for not completing the pleadings within the stipulated period; impose heavy costs on the parties seeking unnecessary adjournments, and responsible for deliberate delays; ascertain the feasibility of e-filing, audio-video recording of proceedings and, pass such order as may be necessary to secure right to speedy justice in spirit of the Article 21.The representation has been addressed to Chief Justice J.S. Khehar, Justice… Read full this story
- Donning the Blue Blazer: What It’s Like to Judge at the Pebble Beach Concours
- 'Did this actually happen?': Behind the scenes of June 29, 2016 — the craziest media day in NHL history
- With team names like ‘Ice Rinkles,’ area’s only senior hockey league will start in Roseville
- Real Hoopties of New Jersey 24 Hours of LeMons: The Winners!
- Bears free-agency tracker: Bears bring back DL John Jenkins on a 1-year deal
- Will Charles Harris have a breakout year? The Dolphins sure seem to think so
- Autocar Professional's Man of the Year 2016: Vinod Dasari, MD, Ashok Leyland
- Seven days, 5000 miles, one Escort: CAR+ archive, June 1986
- 24 Hours of LeMons American Irony: Winners!
- Midsize Madness – Day Two
Plan SC Annual Calendar To Ensure 225 Days Per Year, 06 Hours Per Day: Representation To 5 Senior-Most SC Judges have 310 words, post on www.livelaw.in at May 13, 2017. This is cached page on Law Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.