The November 16, 2016 issue of the Wall Street Journal ran an article about Celebration, Florida, which is the master-planned community built by The Walt Disney Company in 1996. The title of the article summarized the state of affairs in Celebration as follows: “There Is Little Celebration in the Town Disney Built: Mold, leaks, rot are hurting the 1990s utopia; ‘they’re harassing my team.’” My initial thought was that if this can happen to a community built by the world’s most famous mouse, it is little wonder that a large portion of my practice involves representing community associations in lawsuits against developers and architects for construction and design deficiencies.Celebration is situated near Orlando on about 11 square miles. The town was designed in the New Urbanist style with villages clustered around a small downtown composed of shops, restaurants, and civic buildings. The residences consist of 105 condominium units and about 4,000 single-family homes. The 2010 census placed the population at 7,427. Despite having a post office and a town hall, Celebration is an unincorporated town (aka census-designated place). The town itself resembles one of Disney’s theme parks or resorts; critics draw comparisons to The Truman Show and The Stepford Wives.From the building styles down… Read full this story
- Enchanted, or: How I learned to stop worrying and love the Disney princess
- Suicide rocks Disney-inspired town of Celebration, Florida days after town's 1st murder reported
- Nearly 100 percent of rural communes have planning: ministry
- Lars von Trier argues with himself in unpleasant serial-killer drama The House That Jack Built
- Can the Jewish Community Benefit from White Privilege if They are Targets of White Supremacy?
- House of Mouse to sell homes: Disney hawks multi-million-dollar properties near Walt Disney World
- China planning agency approves plan to build Disney theme park in Shanghai
- Nothing to fear but fear itself: Lower Manhattan Islamic center faces irrational resistance
- Harvey and Bob Weinstein extract $75 million consolation prize from Disney after company fallout
- Walt Disney Studios: Take a tour of the working lot
Disney-Built Community Faces Serious Construction Deficiencies have 323 words, post on www.natlawreview.com at May 27, 2017. This is cached page on Law Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.