01:01 – Closing live blog We’re closing off our blog now after an historic result for France – which elected its youngest president in modern history with 39-year-old Emmanuel Macron. Here’s a recap of the day. Scroll down for a look at the day as it panned out. As for us, we’re closing off the blog for tonight, but will be back early on Monday morning with more reaction, information, and analysis. Thanks for reading. 00:51 – Macron takes Paris by 90 percent to 10 percent for Le Pen And in the 19th arrondissement where our office is the score was the same… 00:35 – The newspaper front pages are coming out In the UK the centre right’s Daily Telegraph headlines on how the victory of the pro-EU Macron “puts a cloud over” the country’s Brexit plans. The Daily Mail, which had been following Le Pen’s march to the second round closely didn’t bother with putting the French election on its front page. 00:25 – Five reasons why Emmanuel Macron is not your typical French president Emmanuel Macron will be a president apart from his predecessors. For a start his wife is a lot older than him rather than a lot… Read full this story
- Obama endorses Trudeau in unprecedented endorsement
- Obama endorses Trudeau: 'The world needs his progressive leadership'
- Obama endorses Trudeau in unprecedented move
- Brexit deal today... or MORE delay until 2020: Boris Johnson fights to win over the DUP and Tory 'Spartans' to seal a deal - but Arlene Foster warns she doesn't 'trust' the PM and ex-minister brands package ‘unacceptable’
- View: India’s positioning itself to do business with all, and not ‘take sides’
- View: India is positioning itself to do business with all, and not ‘take sides’
- The Latest: Tusk says Brexit deal will avoid chaos
As it happened: Emmanuel Macron elected president of France have 305 words, post on www.thelocal.fr at May 8, 2017. This is cached page on Law Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.