ASTANA (Sputnik) — He said earlier in the day that Russian, Iranian and Turkish diplomats and envoys have confirmed their participation at the negotiations scheduled for Tuesday and Wednesday.
“At the recommendation of the guarantor countries, UN Special Envoy for Syrian settlement Staffan de Mistura, his representatives, representatives of the United States and Jordan have been invited as observers,” Abdrakhmanov told reporters.
Speaking of Jordan, the minister reminded that during the technical meeting in Astana in February, Jordan ensured the presence of the representatives of Syrian armed opposition groups active near the Jordanian border in the south of Syria.
“That’s what we, including guarantor countries of Russia, Turkey and Iran, are interested in – for the issue that is being discussed in Astana, the issue of truce and the ceasefire regime, [to be joined by Jordan],” Abdrakhmanov said.
The third round of intra-Syrian talks in Astana is taking place on March 14-15, with the consultations to be held on the first day and the plenary session to take place on Wednesday.
The previous round of Astana talks took place on February 15-16, with the participants agreeing to set up a ceasefire monitoring group, encompassing Iran, Russia and Turkey, that would report to the United Nations.
- Some in Trump Team Ready to Cooperate With Syria on Fighting Terrorism
- Vietnam backs tackling terrorist challenges in Syria on basis of int’l laws
- Turkish Troops Deployment in Syria Was Joint Decision by Astana Guarantors - MP
- Delay in Appointment of UN Envoy Hurts Libya's Peace Prospects - Tobruk Parliament Envoy
- U.S.-Taliban talks for Afghan peace gain steam, but Taliban still preparing for war
- Afghan peace process: Three-day ceasefire begins ahead of possible talks
- Assad, special Russian envoy to Syria discuss upcoming meeting of constitutional committee
- New round of Syrian peace talks to be held in Geneva on Aug. 24: UN
- Will IS Losses in Iraq, Syria Boost al-Qaida?
- Việt Nam backs tackling terrorist challenges in Syria on basis of int’l laws
- Afghan official accuses top U.S. envoy of undermining Ghani government with colonial intentions
- US, Russia to begin nuclear arms talks this month
- Syria Airstrikes Kill 5 Pro-Iranian Fighters
- Trump to decide on US response to Syria gas attack 'within 48 hours'
- Trump to Call for Ending US Foreign Wars During SOTU Address - Sr. WH Official
- Libyans fear regional war as rival powers vie for control, says envoy
- Bengal’s lockdown plan for August invites criticism, ridicule
- Rapinoe HBO special to feature Ocasio-Cortez, '1619' project founder
- Pompeo to meet top Chinese official in Hawaii amid tensions
UN Special Envoy, US Officials Invited to Observe Syria Talks in Astana have 424 words, post on sputniknews.com at March 13, 2017. This is cached page on Law Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.