- Special prosecutor to look at alleged cold case misconduct
- Jack McCullough was falsely convicted in 2012, freed in 2016
- Perjury, hiding evidence among allegations linked to wrongful conviction
(CNN)A special prosecutor has been appointed to look into whether police and prosecutors in a small Illinois town engaged in misconduct to win a false conviction in one of the nation’s coldest murder cases.
Maria Ridulph’s murder went unsolved for half a century. Then detectives pursued a tip, and a man was brought to trial and convicted in the 1957 murder of the 7-year-old in Sycamore, Illinois. Now that man is free. Ann O’Neill’s 2013 series on the case, “Taken,” raised questions about whether the trial was unfairly one-sided.
- Washington state man, 55, is charged with the brutal 1991 slaying of a 16-year-old schoolgirl after the cold case was cracked 'when DNA from the crime scene was uploaded to a geneaology website'
- Man arrested over cold case murder of Suzanne Poll after DNA breakthrough
- Pennsylvania man arrested in connection with 5 cold case murders: reports
- TEEJ SPECIAL: Try Your Teej Special Leheriya Look By Following These Bollywood Divas
- Ex-Pro Bowler Kellen Winslow Jr. 'took what he wanted,' says prosecutor in rape case
- Jayasurya Birthday Special: A Look At The Milestone Movies In His Acting Career So Far!
- Sheena Bora Case: The Panchatantra continues
- Trial in rape case against Bishop Franco Mulakkal to begin on November 11
- Sister of abducted girl calls for urgent DNA retesting of evidence in long-term missing children cases
- ‘I’ll kill the dog’: Benjamin Batterham ‘intended to murder’ intruder, prosecution claims