HÀ NỘI – The positive 2016 earning reports of over 90 per cent of nearly 600 listed companies on the two national stock exchanges are providing a fresh impetus for the market.
Banks were reported the biggest gainers as profits of the total nine listed lenders accounted for about 25 per cent of total profits on the two exchanges.
Vietcombank (VCB), Vietinbank (CTG) and BIDV (BID), the three biggest listed lenders by market value, were also the most profitable.
Both Vietcombank and Vietinbank reported net profits of over VNĐ6.8 trillion (US$298 million) in 2016 (leaving out business results of their member and affiliate companies). BIDV followed with an after-tax profit of almost VNĐ6.2 trillion.
Military Bank (MBB) and Asia Commercial Bank (ACB) earned VNĐ2.9 trillion and VNĐ1.3 trillion in net profits, respectively.
The food and beverage industry also disclosed big profits.
Dairy giant Vinamilk (VNM) posted net profits of nearly VNĐ9.4 trillion, a yearly growth of 21 per cent making it the biggest 2016 earner. Its total revenues reached VNĐ46.8 trillion while the company’s charter capital reached VNĐ15.5 trillion.
After two months of listing on the southern exchange, Sabeco (SAB), the country’s biggest brewery company, boasted a net profit of nearly VNĐ4.5 trillion, 22 per cent higher than its yearly target. Its share price doubled the debut day to touch VNĐ215,400 a share on Thursday, being the most expensive nationwide.
In terms of growth rate, steelmaking and real estate companies were the leaders thanks to strong recovery of the real estate market in the last quarter of 2016.
Pomina Steel Corp (POM) made a net profit of VNĐ301 billion, an 11-fold increase over the previous year. Nam Kim Steel (NKG) and Hoa Sen Group (HSG) also reported yearly growth of 312 per cent and 130 per cent, respectively.
Hòa Phát Group (HPG) posted a record profit of VNĐ6.6 trillion, up 89 per cent year-on-year and double its yearly target.
Hòa Bình Construction & Real Estate Corp (HBC) saw its profits rise 585 per cent year-on-year to VNĐ490 billion, while Novaland Investment Group (NVL) earnings jumped 274 per cent to nearly VNĐ1.7 trillion.
In the oil and gas industry, the biggest listed stock PV Gas (GAS) reported a net earning of nearly VNĐ7.1 trillion, the second biggest earner in 2016 after Vinamilk, but this number was 17 per cent lower than its 2015 result.
Where to invest in 2017?
“These impressive figures are creating new energy for the market to grow,” Nguyễn Đức Hùng Linh, head of analysis and investment consultancy for Saigon Securities Inc, told the Finance-Business News on VTV1 channel.
The benchmark VN-Index on the HCM Stock Exchange stepped over the resistance 710 points on Wednesday, the highest since February 21, 2008 and a rally of over 7 per cent compared to December 30, 2016.
In 2017, analysts suggest investors pay attention to the stocks which may benefit from Government policies.
“Investors can consider the businesses or industries benefiting from policy as these companies often have outstanding business results,” Linh said and noted the example of construction and real estate firms, which have picked up in the past two years thanks to policy support.
The current policy focuses on infrastructure development in order to lay a solid foundation for economic growth in the coming years and this could be a favourable condition for the strong growth of the real estate sector, he said. – VNS
- The NSA overreach poses a serious threat to our economy
- The Brazen Bootlegging of a Multibillion Dollar Sports Network
- Guerin Emig: Rice Commission report a wobbly first step toward college basketball reform
- New ESPN boss Jimmy Pitaro wants 'fair' and 'balanced' news, not politics
- Alumni report: UNLV pitchers respond to Hall of Famer’s words
- US High Court Paves Way For States To Legalize Sports Betting
- Lakers News: A Different Ingram Becomes Inspirational Story For LA's Season
- Adidas may have been factor in Romeo Langford picking Indiana, two reports say
- Sports Illustrated Media Awards: The best and worst of 2016
- An NFL great is pitching in with a restaurant at Texas Live! by Globe Life Park
- Report: France family exploring possible sale of NASCAR to outside group
- More Money, More Laws and So Many More Ads: What Lies Ahead for Sports Gambling
- Austin Hedges earns MadFriars’ June Player of the Month
- Could Rice report recommendations have prevented alleged NC State, Dennis Smith issues?
- Oakland is the place to be, unless you’re a professional sports franchise
- Week in Wrestling: The Young Bucks Open Up About 2016; The Year in Review
- A Tight End Takes a Chance in the Business of Healing
- Boca versus River: Football and politics in Argentina
- One apparel company would 'definitely' sponsor Kaepernick if he returns to the NFL
- News of the Week: Kenny Omega on Seth Rollins taking his move, Billy Corgan’s plans for NWA
Companies upbeat on 2016 earnings reports - Economy - Vietnam News Politics, Business, Economy, Society, Life, Sports have 769 words, post on at February 16, 2017. This is cached page on Law Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.