This post contains minor plot spoilers for the beginning 30 minutes of Rogue One. Standing before a crowd of journalists in a private movie theater at Skywalker Ranch this past weekend, Gareth Edwards made an appeal to the hardcore fans. “I feel like I’m standing on sacred ground,” he told the audience. Edwards, the director of the upcoming Star Wars standalone film Rogue One, knows the significance of his position. He’s only the second director, after J.J. Abrams, to helm a Star Wars movie since creator George Lucas sold the franchise to Disney in 2012. Edwards pointed to a spot in the theater, the center seat in a row halfway back. Whoever is sitting there is lucky. It’s where Lucas used to sit when reviewing sound for the Star Wars prequel trilogy, after Lucasfilm’s sound effects and mixing division was moved to Skywalker Ranch in 1987. The symbolism isn’t lost on the audience, which is about to witness the first 28 minutes of Rogue One, ahead of its official premiere. It’s a mixed crowd, with some serious critics, yet a healthy amount of Star Wars diehards lucky enough to work for a film or comic book blog influential enough to… Read full this story
- Star Wars: Cassian Andor Disney+ Series Release Date Reportedly Revealed
- Watch Final ‘Star Wars: The Force Awakens’ Trailer
- Kathleen Kennedy Says Star Wars Movie Getting Female Director Very Soon
- J.J. Abrams Shares Personal Story About Carrie Fisher’s Final ‘Star Wars’ Performance During D23
- Why Han Solo: A Star Wars Story must balance nostalgia with new adventures
- What Is Darth Vader's Role in Rogue One: A Star Wars Story?
- Entertainment Weekly's new Star Wars: The Force Awakens issue – 10 things we learned
- Star Wars: Diego Luna Reveals What Excites Him Most About Cassian Andor Disney+ Series
- What's happening with Star Wars? Jon Favreau and Taika Waititi hold the key
- Meet Admiral Ackbar's Distant Cousin in Star Wars: Rogue One
Rogue One’s success or failure will shape the future of Star Wars have 319 words, post on www.theverge.com at December 6, 2016. This is cached page on Law Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.