Status: Pending FilingAcquirer: Enbridge Inc. (Canada)Acquired: Spectra Energy Corp. (U.S.)Value: Approx. US$28 billionIndustry: Energy, Regulated UtilitiesAccording to a recent regulatory filing, “[o]n October 11, 2016, Spectra Energy and Enbridge submitted a draft joint voluntary notice with the Committee on Foreign Investment in the United States (CFIUS). On November 2, 2016, Spectra Energy and Enbridge submitted the final joint voluntary notice with CFIUS. Spectra Energy and Enbridge are awaiting confirmation from CFIUS that it has accepted the parties’ joint voluntary notice.” (Enbridge Inc., Amendment No. 3 to Form F-4, Nov. 14, 2016, SEC Filing.) On September 5, a merger agreement was executed between Spectra Energy Corp., a Delaware corporation, Enbridge Inc., a Canadian corporation, and Sand Merger Sub, Inc., a Delaware corporation, and a direct wholly owned subsidiary of Enbridge, whereby Spectra will merge with Sand Merger Sub, becoming wholly owned by Enbridge. Given the November 2, 2016 acceptance by CFIUS, the initial 30 day review period would have expired on December 2, 2106.
- 3 lawsuits filed against Rio Grande Valley LNG projects
- Best of the worst: Some U.S. bond funds escape full trauma of energy meltdown
- Shell drops out of major U.S. LNG project, Energy Transfer delays decision
- Ten million Americans are now jobless amid coronavirus pandemic after record 6.6million new unemployment claims are filed in one week - after 3.3million last week
- Oil prices and energy stocks surge on Wall Street, Australian shares follow
- Canadian crude is so cheap it costs more to ship it than buy it
- U.S. shale company Whiting becomes first major bankruptcy of oil-price crash
- Exclusive: Callon Petroleum taps advisers for debt restructuring - sources
- U.S. crude prices at Texas slide to near $10, lowest since late 1998
- China's Sinopec cuts 2020 capital spending by 2.5%
Pending CFIUS Filing: Enbridge Inc. and Spectra Energy Corp. have 273 words, post on www.natlawreview.com at December 13, 2016. This is cached page on Law Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.