Where in the world is Anita Dhake? That question used to be pretty easy to answer because the 34-year-old former associate spent most of her waking hours behind a desk at Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom. Now, however, she could be anywhere—Alaska, Australia, Colombia, Thailand. That’s because Dhake left her firm last fall—she prefers the term retired—to become a full-time world traveler and blogger. She’s not independently wealthy, and she didn’t win the lottery. Instead, she spent years following a time-honored financial technique called saving money. Now Dhake is helping others do the same thing through her blog, the Power of Thrift. There, she pens a variety of posts, including observations on life and love, humorous travel notes and, to the delight of her growing audience of aspiring young retirees, candid financial advice about the strategies she uses to maintain her life on the road. Q. Your story has been covered by Forbes, Yahoo Finance and a number of popular personal finance blogs. What do you think of all the media attention?A. It really makes me happy that this is a thing, but I don’t want what I did to be abnormal. I want more people to take this… Read full this story
- 10 questions about Ted Wells’ Dolphins workplace report
- American Pharoah, Beholder among 10 in Breeders’ Cup Classic
- For Royals’ Guthrie, World Series road has been long, winding mission
- As the world game grows, the USWNT must adapt to stay on top
- Van Gaal angered by questions about Rooney’s private life
- Ten questions with Justin Zayat of American Pharoah fame
- Heartbroken husband discovers his 10-year relationship was 'a lie' after his wife admitted she was gay - and 'threw him out to move her girlfriend in'
- Ten questions on football and the world we live in with Sam Wyche
- Pele says Brazil airports a big World Cup concern
- Ten questions with Sam Wyche
10 Questions: How Anita Dhake left BigLaw to travel the world have 314 words, post on www.abajournal.com at December 1, 2016. This is cached page on Law Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.