Microsoft’s Larry “Major Nelson” Hryb announces that the company will be offering deals on the Xbox One S in the days leading up to Black Friday sales.
The buildup toward the holiday season for video games will always have on predictor on the way there in the form of Black Friday sales announcements. The focus on consumers that Black Friday sales always entail ensures that gamers will be able to get a preview of holiday plans from industry giants like Microsoft and Sony, and this season promises to be an even more interesting one due to the recent releases of the Xbox One S, PS4 Slim and PS4 Pro consoles.
Microsoft, to its credit, has already been aggressively marketing the Xbox One S with bundles in an attempt to convince gamers to upgrade to the sleeker version of its current-gen console. Today, however, Microsoft’s Major Nelson announced that the company would be taking the next step in providing value to its customers with a number of sales on 1 TB Xbox One S systems that will be implemented in the days leading up to Black Friday.
According to Major Nelson, all 1 TB Xbox One Systems will be $50 off from November 20-23, meaning deals like the Battlefield 1 and Gears of War 4 Xbox One consoles will drop as low as $300 for the first time. Other 1 TB Xbox One bundles like those themed around Halo and Madden NFL 17 will also see a drop in price, which may bolster the Xbox One’s already strong sales even more in the critical weeks leading up to the holiday season.
After Microsoft’s sales, many retailers across the United States will then begin offering their own Black Friday console sales, which will span most of the Thanksgiving weekend until Cyber Monday. Microsoft has also confirmed they will be offering sales on Xbox Live Gold that will include games, television shows, and movies, with that sale slated for a November 18 start exclusively for Xbox Live Gold before eventually opening up to everyone starting on November 22.
Microsoft’s planned sales on the Xbox One S couldn’t come at a better time, and it’s not just because Black Friday is looming. The recent launch of the PS4 Pro has seen Sony’s console sales triple in the UK in just a week, and Microsoft would do well to ensure that the ground it has gained with the Xbox One S in recent months isn’t lost just before the holiday season begins in earnest.
- New Look Black Friday 2017 deals - top tips to help you get the best offers when the shopping event kicks off
- The best Black Friday music deals you can find in 2020
- This is the cheapest Windows laptop you can buy on Black Friday – but you shouldn't
- Biden leans on his Capitol Hill experience while pitching big Covid-19 relief deal
- Apple AirPods Pro Return To Black Friday Price For A Limited Time
- WorldRemit launches new price drop on Transfers to Nigeria this Black Friday
- Best cheap hair dryer deals
- Best Super Bowl TV deals 2021: Cheap 4K TVs, QLED TVs, and OLED TVs
- Best cheap Nespresso deals for February 2021
- Best Super Bowl deals on Roku, Apple TV, Fire TV & more
- Best cheap office chair deals for February 2021
- Best Presidents Day TV deals and sales for 2021
- Best cheap 4K TV deals for February 2021
- Best cheap robot vacuum deals for February 2021: Roomba, Eufy, Deebot
- Best cheap 3D printer deals for February 2021
- Best cheap Kindle deals for February 2021: Kindle Paperwhite and Kindle Oasis
- Best cheap juicer deals for February 2021
- Best cheap gaming headset deals for February 2021
- Best deals on video games, consoles, and gaming accessories
- Hunter Biden emails 'identify Joe Biden as ''the Big Guy'' who would receive 10% share in deal with Chinese energy firm', report says
Major Nelson Announces Big Xbox One Black Friday Deals have 624 words, post on gamerant.com at November 14, 2016. This is cached page on Law Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.