Now that Facebook’s Memories function has taken over the world—at least if my News Feed is any indication—the social giant’s grafting its central concept onto birthdays.Facebook’s new 45-second “Birthday Videos” will show up in your feed the day after your big day, displaying “a magical birthday cake that lights up and comes to life” before bursting open to show the “top” happy birthday posts and videos sent by your pals. Take note: These videos will only appear if at least three people shoot you a note on your birthday.As with Memories, you’ll have the option to share Birthday Videos with your followers or keep them to yourself. And as with Facebook’s hokey, made-up Friends Day, you can edit which clips and posts actually appear inside your Birthday Video if the algorithms miss something special.The story behind the story: Facebook’s eating the world, one personal connection at a time. The company’s been leaning heavily on aggregation posts with personal meaning in recent years, as evidenced by Memories, personalized Years in Review, Friends Day (ugh), and now Birthday Videos. What’s more, the company recently revamped its News Feed algorithm to focus more on your friends and family and less on brand or… Read full this story
- What is Social Media? A Guide to Profiting From Social Networking
- Using Facebook to Attract Business Prospects - 10 Ways to Market Yourself Using Facebook
- Facebook Emerging As A Complete Social Phenomenon
- How to Effectively Position Yourself in Social Media
- Is My Information Safe on Facebook?
- I Have No Idea How to Make a Video
- 3 Ultra Powerful Social Network Marketing Tips You Need For True Success in the Web 2.0 Era
- Social Sites Are Expanding Marketing Opportunities
- Do You Know What Social Networking Is?
- MySpace - The Origins And Features Of The MySpace Social Network
Facebook’s Birthday Videos are another attempt to repackage your life for social sharing have 304 words, post on www.pcworld.com at July 28, 2016. This is cached page on Law Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.