Tesla claimed a few months back that they are aiming to achieve a number of 500,000 units sold across the globe. They claimed to achieve this number by the year 2018. It looks like they have started work towards getting this goal.
Tesla is trying to bring its production house in Asia thus giving Asian consumers better chances to buy their vehicles. Tesla Motors is in talks with Chinese and South Korean companies in order to expand its sales in these regions as well.
China is already benefiting from the Tesla’s Asia-Pacific region sales plan. Here the EVs made by Tesla are shipped and then sold in the country. However, having a factory in the region will open new opportunities for customers.
They will be able to get the latest EVs on time and without any wait. Along with that they won’t have to pay for the shipping and importing costs as well. The EVs will be cheaper and readily available.
Tesla Motors have become one of the biggest names in terms of an EV producing company. They have already sold 428,000 units. According to the reports Tesla is in real need of building another production house. A production house in Asia will save Tesla Motors from 25% taxation on the vehicles.
With this production house, it will be able to compete with Audi and BMW in a much better way. Audi and BMW both have their companies set up in China. Along with that VW and General Motors also have their companies set up in China which are based in Shanghai.
AutoBlog have revealed that Tesla is offering jobs in South Korea which means that the plan to move forward is certainly in motion.
- Tesla suspends production at US vehicle factory due to coronavirus
- India promises Tesla 'lowest production costs' but will that persuade Elon Musk to leave China?
- Tesla sets revenue record, makes profit thanks to pollution credit sales to rivals
- Tesla to export China-made Model 3 vehicles to Europe
- Geely's Polestar plans China showroom expansion to compete with Tesla: sources
- Manufacturer for hire: China's Geely sets out to become a force in electric cars
- Tesla to start making cars in India?
- China's electric vehicle start-ups race for leading position
- Can Tesla hit 2020 delivery goal? Investors watch for Musk steer
- Tesla shares set to start 2021 at record high
- GM boosts EV spending by 35%, moves to increase battery production
- Geely's EV unit Polestar seeks to raise around US$900 million - sources
- Geely's Polestar plans China showroom expansion to compete with Tesla, sources say
- Exclusive: India woos Tesla with offer of cheaper production costs than China
- India woos Tesla with offer of cheaper production costs than China
- GM in talks to build second U.S. battery plant with LG Chem in Tennessee
- LG hopes to make new battery cells for Tesla in 2023 in U.S. or Europe
- LG hopes to make new battery cells for Tesla in 2023 in US or Europe: Sources
- Volkswagen takes aim at Tesla with own European gigafactories
- Has VW cracked the code to overtake Tesla?
Tesla To Build A Production Unit In China have 501 words, post on www.i4u.com at June 20, 2016. This is cached page on Law Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.