WASHINGTON (Sputnik) — The Saudis have announced plans to invest in solar, wind and geothermal power as part of a larger effort to diversify their oil-dependent economy. “While in Saudi Arabia, Special Envoy Hochstein will travel to Jeddah and Dhahran to meet with government and energy officials to discuss energy collaboration and diversification,” the release said on Monday. Hochstein will also deliver the keynote address at Lebanon’s Third Forum on Oil and Gas in Beirut, where he will discuss the significance of recent discoveries of oil and gas deposits in the Eastern Mediterranean, the release added.
- U.S. Poised to Surpass Saudi Arabia as World’s Top Crude Oil Producer
- Taliban Wants U.S. Peace Talks in Qatar, Not Saudi Arabia
- Saudi Arabia Expels Canada’s Ambassador, Freezes Trade over ‘Blatant Interference’
- Saudi Arabia, Russia Agreed In September To Lift Oil Output, Told US
- US To Surpass Saudi Arabia As World’s Top Crude Oil Exporter
- Jared Kushner in Saudi Arabia to Discuss Mideast Peace Push
- Trump defends Saudi Arabia as accusations mount over journalist disappearance
- Trump: No Further Action Against Saudi Arabia for ‘Terrible’ Khashoggi Killing
- Pompeo Heads To Saudi Arabia After US Blames Iran
- Saudi Arabia using the 'oil weapon option' could cause prices to soar to $150
US Envoy to Discuss Energy Diversification in Saudi Arabia, Lebanon have 213 words, post on sputniknews.com at May 24, 2016. This is cached page on Law Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.