Don’t delay if you want a Tesla Model 3 before 2019. According to Tesla founder and CEO Elon Musk, the 2018 production is now almost all spoken for, according to Slash Gear. Yesterday at 4:56 p.m. PT, @elonmusk tweeted, “Tesla is increasing the production ramp as fast as possible, but I’d recommend ordering a Model 3 soon if you want 2018 delivery.” So now’s the time to make your move.Getting on the currently very long list for the Tesla 3 requires a $1,000 deposit that’s fully refundable. You can’t trade or sell your place in line, but you could take delivery and then resell the car fast and maybe make a small profit, if the demand stays as high as it is right now (when there are no cars actually available). That’s a big “if,” however. The reservation list for Tesla’s entry-level electric car is now at least 400,000, because that’s the number of preorders the company received in April. Musk recently said the plan is to build 500,000 units in 2018.The risk that comes into play for those seeking to hold their reservations in order to profit on resale involves at least three factors. For lots of reasons, other people… Read full this story
- Elon Musk says tweet that got him fined $20M was 'worth it'
- Tesla Model S crashes, erupts in flames in Russia
- Globe Telecom Says Thank You with 917 Day
- Car thefts on rise in Canada as thieves target trucks, SUVs, says insurance board
- The CEO as Activist
- 2019 will be a critical year for Tesla — here's what to expect from the automaker
- California regulators open another investigation into Tesla's factory
- Tesla gives buyers days to order or lose $7,500 tax credit
- Tesla CEO Elon Musk on Goldman 'sell': 'Place your bets'
- Tesla's 'grandiose' goals may finally be too bold for Wall Street
Tesla CEO says don't delay, order now for Tesla Model 3 by 2018 have 308 words, post on www.digitaltrends.com at May 6, 2016. This is cached page on Law Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.