WATCH:According to the Jefferson County Sheriff’s Office, the incident took place at Ozen High School near Beaumont, Texas. The teacher, Mary Hastings, was arrested on Friday and charged with misdemeanor assault. She immediately posted the $2500 bail and was released, pending her next court appearance.A brief video of the alleged incident was posted on Twitter on Friday and appears to show the teacher swipe some items off the student’s desk before repeatedly slapping him on the head. She then appears to mock his response to the incident. It is not clear what lead up to this incident but it seems the teacher is frustrated about something the student did which she thinks is “stopping [the other students] from graduating.” She also can also be heard apparently refer to the student as an “idiot ass.” Regardless of what the student may have done, based on the video, it seems to safe to say the teacher appears to have lost her cool.According to a statement released by the district, Hastings was immediately removed from the school after the incident and placed on administrative leave. The district also said they will not condone or tolerate abusive behavior.[h/t WFAA; image via Jefferson County Sheriff’s Office]
- Student gets detention after USA hockey request denied by ‘communist’ teacher
- WNBA’s Dream honor McNair teachers, kids for heroism
- Boston Marathon bombers weren’t going to douse students’ ‘dreams’
- NCAA Tournament West Region: 3 things to watch
- Jeopardy for two White House lawyers as impeachment inquiry zeroes in on them over Donald Trump's Ukraine call being rushed on to secret server after Purple Heart officer 'raised concerns'
- MARATHON WATCH: Race first aid by the numbers
- Mailbag: Why preseason favorite Ohio State likely won’t repeat & more
- Former Florida State DT Eddie Goldman is true student of the game
- CFB AM: Watch Aggies go wild in locker room after Gamecocks win
- MARATHON WATCH: Silence, then exultation in Boston
WATCH: Teacher Repeatedly Slaps Student, Calls Him ‘Idiot Ass’ have 318 words, post on lawnewz.com at April 10, 2016. This is cached page on Law Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.