Fiona Kelliher Detroit Free Press Published 5:21 PM EDT Oct 7, 2018 Tesla’s billionaire CEO Elon Musk will reportedly pay for new water stations and water filtration for the entire Flint Community Schools district. On Thursday night, the school district tweeted its effusive thanks to Musk and the Musk Foundation, which the tech entrepreneur founded in 2002 with his brother, Kimbal. The district serves more than 4,500 students K-12. “You’re most welcome,” Musk replied. “Hope to do more in the future.” In July, Musk tweeted several times about Flint, claiming that he would pay to fix contamination in Flint homes whose levels were above acceptable U.S. Food and Drug Administration standards. That led to another promise on the platform to call Flint Mayor Karen Weaver directly. Her office later confirmed to MLive that someone from Musk’s office did reach out. Musk’s Palo Alto, California-based foundation focuses on “renewable energy research and advocacy;” “human space exploration research and advocacy;” “pediatric research;” and “science and engineering education,” according to its website. More: Tesla CEO Elon Musk vows to ‘fix’ tainted water in Flint, Mich. More: Detroit shutting off drinking water in all schools because of lead, copper contamination More: Why does Tesla CEO Elon Musk keep… Read full this story
- Leaked email quotes Tesla CEO Elon Musk saying the company has 'a shot' at delivering 100,000 cars this quarter, causing the electric automaker's shares to jump 6%
- Tesla CEO Elon Musk thinks panic over coronavirus is 'dumb'
- Here's what made Tesla CEO Elon Musk 'unhappy' about his iPhone
- Car crashes more dangerous than coronavirus: Tesla CEO Elon Musk
- Why Tesla CEO Elon Musk called a meeting at 1 a.m. on a Sunday
- Tesla CEO Elon Musk tweets that 'coronavirus panic is dumb'
- Outspoken Tesla chief Elon Musk faces $1 billion trial, test of temperament
- Tesla chief Elon Musk's trial postponed due to coronavirus
- Tesla’s Elon Musk debuts Model 3, an electric car for the masses
- Elon Musk thinks the coronavirus panic is just ‘dumb’
Tesla CEO Elon Musk to pay for water stations in Flint schools have 333 words, post on eu.tennessean.com at April 6, 2016. This is cached page on Law Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.