Doug Wead is a presidential historian who served as senior advisor to the Ron Paul presidential campaign in 2012, and was special assistant to President George H.W. Bush.In 1988 I received a call from my boss Lee Atwater. He was the George H.W. Bush campaign manager and he had a strange request. “Hey Wead,” Atwater said, “Get the word out. Kitty Dukakis has the clap.”Kitty Dukakis was the wife of our Democrat opponent, Governor Michael Dukakis of Massachusetts. She did not have a venereal disease. Spreading the rumor was an Atwater device to force her husband to release his medical records.It’s an old story that is now told in history books and Atwater made a deathbed apology to the Dukakis family but it came to mind when I saw the Cruz-Trump feud flare out into the open last week. Notwithstanding the television pundits who tell you that this is a new low, attacks on the opponent’s wife and children in the middle of a political campaign are nothing new.Here’s how the Cruz-Trump feud unfolded.On March 8, 2016, a Ted Cruz surrogate appeared on the Neil Cavuto Show on the Fox News Channel and took a verbal swing at Melania Trump, wife of Republican presidential candidate, Donald Trump…. Read full this story
- How a liberal Santa Monica high school produced a top Trump advisor and speechwriter
- Trump Googled Himself This Morning and Got Sad. Now the White House is Looking Into Regulating the Search Engine
- Trump Admin Designates Iranian Fighting Force as Terror Group, in Global First
- UFC Is Streaming A Bizarre Donald Trump Propaganda Documentary
- Donald Trump's dysfunctional presidency might just be a boon for empty wallets
- Fact check: The fiery final debate between Trump and Clinton
- Trump goes after Clinton, 'Obamacare'
- Fact check: Trump’s presser on Clinton emails, Putin and more
- Schneider: Republicans who wave the white flag enable Trump
- Editorials: The Fighting 69th
War of Wives: Why You Shouldn’t Be Shocked by The Cruz-Trump Fight have 313 words, post on lawnewz.com at March 28, 2016. This is cached page on Law Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.