If you haven’t heard, today is Love a Lawyer Day. Oh, it’s not a federal holiday — it’s a day chosen by the ABA’s Law Practice Counsel to celebrate attorneys on the first Friday of November every year.Here’s the ABA resolution on the special day: WHEREAS, Lawyers have consistently been the target of verbal bashing, derogatory portrayals and literature is rife with lawyer bashing dated back hundreds of years; and WHEREAS, A 2013 Pew Research Center survey found lawyers last among ten professional categories for “contributions to society”; WHEREAS, According to a 2014 Gallup survey, the public perception of lawyers on honesty and ethics is an unsatisfactory 21%; and… WHEREAS, The portrayal of lawyers in American popular culture, including on television and cinema, is largely negative, which promotes a negative stereotype of lawyers in society… NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT ENACTED by the American Bar Association Law Practice Division Council: SECTION 1. The first Friday of November be recognized and celebrated as “Love Your Lawyer Day”, a day for the public to celebrate lawyers and express their gratitude to them for their affirmative contributions to the public good and the administration of justice. SECTION 2. Lawyers throughout the nation are urged… Read full this story
- D-Day 75th anniversary — How I found out my fiancé had been killed on Sword Beach and helped draw D-Day secret landing maps
- All '90 Day Fiance: The Other Way' Couples Still Together After Tell-All Episode
- Face of Section 377 Case, Lawyers Menaka Guruswamy and Arundhati Katju Are Living As A Couple
- Children’s Day Special: Hyderabad
- Kylie Jenner and Travis Scott 'fell out of love' and decided to go their separate ways 'weeks ago'
- It’s war: Karl Stefanovic hires lawyers to go after his ex-wife Cassandra Thorburn
- EXCLUSIVE: Purple Rain star Morris Day says Prince was surrounded by 'yes men' who were 'too scared' to deny him drugs and reveals he reconciled with him two months before his death after the singer told him 'I love you'
- On Veterans Day, a reminder of a different cost of service: Why military spouses have a hard time getting hired
- Nothing will rain on their parade! Elyse Knowles, Anna Heinrich and Georgia Love brighten up a dreary Melbourne Cup in colourful outfits as Lara Bingle and jockey Michelle Payne turn heads in unusual ensembles
- Accused Northbridge killer Daniel Carrington claims he stabbed love rival in an act of self defence
Why We Love Lawyers Every Day have 392 words, post on www.natlawreview.com at November 6, 2015. This is cached page on Law Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.