In a major embarrassment to Madhya Pradesh Governor Ram Naresh Yadav, the Supreme Court today issued notice to him, state government and the Centre on a plea seeking his removal for his alleged involvement in the sensational Vyapam scam.They challenged the MP High Court verdict quashing the FIR against Yadav.The order came on a petition filed by a group of lawyers from Jabalpur district in Madhya Pradesh worst affected by the scam.On their plea the court also sought a reply from the centre on framing guidelines for removal of governors being probed in corruption case. At present sanction of the government is required for their prosecution.Yadav is accused no.10 in FIR filed by Madhya Pradesh’s Special Task Force on February 24, 2015.The MP High Court had quashed the FIR against him on grounds of immunity because of his constitutional post, but Supreme Court could open the gates to a CBI probe against him — if and when he resigns or is relieved of his post.The allegation against him in the Vyapam scam is that he had recommended the names of five candidates for appointment as forest guards. The forest guard recruitment test was held on March 3, 2013. The names… Read full this story
- Wenger issues plea over Wilshere
- O.J.’s ex-lawyer contradicts testimony
- Spanier, facing cover-up charges, aims at governor
- Ohio governor praises Mavericks
- Paterno’s statue removed at Penn St.
- Governor warns Vikings about stadium fees
- Montana decides not to move up to FBS
- Unorthodox Pa. lawyer preps for Sandusky hearing
- 10 NDSU players plead guilty to petition fraud
- Sandusky lawyer touts gay sex line
SC to decide if vyapam tainted MP Governor should be removed; Notice issued on plea by Lawyers [Read Petition] have 274 words, post on www.livelaw.in at November 20, 2015. This is cached page on Law Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.