EUGeneral Data Protection Regulation Discussion BroadcastThe Assistant European Data Protection Supervisor and the Rapporteur for the Data Protection Regulation have discussed the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). They noted that the timeline that had been set for the end of 2015 was nearing, but there was optimism that there could be political agreement in this time. There are still some core compromises needed: for example, in relation to the requirement for a mandatory data protection officer, the question of consent and other grounds for processing data (in particular legitimate interests for processing), but the position is moving toward a consensus. All parties foresee that the implementation period will be two years once the regulation is finalised.EU Agency for Fundamental Rights Report on SurveillanceThe EU Agency for Fundamental Rights (FRA) has published its report focussing on the legal framework governing surveillance by intelligence powers. The report also considers the measures in place to oversee these powers and the rights of individuals who have had their rights violated. The report was conducted following a request from the European Parliament. The FRA found great differences in approach between Member States; though, notes that it only considered the legal regimes in place, with the… Read full this story
- EU-U.S. Privacy Shield ‘rules out mass surveillance’
- EU-U.S. Privacy Shield raised
- Facebook's Mark Zuckerberg has a tough road ahead in Europe on data privacy
- Can Facebook's new hires take on troll farms and data privacy?
- EU Data-Privacy Overhaul Gives Consumers More Control
- Big day for the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield
- EU regulators threaten privacy crackdown against Google
- Google, Apple Face Scrutiny from Republicans Over Data Privacy
- 12.9-inch iPad Pro Will Be Available to Order Online on 11th November 2015
- Senator Calls for FTC Probe Into iPhone, Android Data Privacy
EU Weekly Data Privacy Alert - 23 November 2015 have 289 words, post on www.natlawreview.com at November 25, 2015. This is cached page on Law Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.