On an earnings yesterday, Tesla CEO Elon Musk finally responded to “some fairly crazy” Model S Autopilot videos that show reckless idiots pushing the feature beyond where it’s supposed to go. He isn’t pleased. According to Musk, “This is not good.” What an understatement! He suggested that by adding some constraints to the Autopilot mode Tesla can better “minimize the possibility of people doing crazy things.” Still for its part, Musk claimed that based on Tesla’s early data, the new system prevented some crashes. Advertisement Roughly 40,000 Model S cars currently have the Autopilot mode available to them, but it’s only a beta release. “The system will learn over time and get better and that’s exactly what it’s doing. It will start to feel quite refined within a couple of months,” says Musk. Musk says that we can expect to be able to make an “in-app purchase” for the newly constrained Autopilot for £2,500, or $3,800 US. To be extra safe, Tesla suggests that drivers keep their hands on the wheel even when enabling Autopilot as a backup to its automatic steering. Looking forward, Musk addressed the rapidly increasing R&D being funneled into self-driving technologies, saying that in 15 to… Read full this story
- A word of caution from Elon Musk: Tesla boss hints at how advanced AI may influence social media
- Tesla Limits Autopilot Amidst Launch of 'Summon'
- Elon Musk: Tesla Is a Victim of Sabotage
- Elon Musk wins approval for 'staggering' pay deal with potential $55bn bonus
- Elon Musk: I got 'government approval' for New York-DC Hyperloop. Officials: no he didn't
- See the huge rocket set to launch Elon Musk's Tesla to Mars
- Woz: 'I don't believe anything Elon Musk or Tesla says'
- 12 Things You Didn't Know About Elon Musk
- Elon Musk’s ‘real big change’ prediction for technology advancement by 2035 revealed
- Tesla logs profitable quarter, Elon Musk bullish on energy
Elon Musk: Tesla May Limit Autopilot Because People Are Idiots have 321 words, post on gizmodo.com at November 4, 2015. This is cached page on Law Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.