(VOVworld) – A gunman fatally shot a Florida sheriff’s deputy outside a law firm on Tuesday morning before barricading himself inside a motel and exchanging gunfire with other deputies before he was killed, officials said. Okaloosa County Sheriff Larry Ashley said Deputy Bill Myers died after being shot multiple times in the back of the head and in the back by 33-year-old Joel Dixson Smith, who had been arrested in 2008 for domestic battery. Smith originally went to his lawyer’s office to be given a domestic violence injunction by Myers and turn over firearms to him.
- Fla. Deputy Fatally Shot Wife, Killed Self With 4 Kids in Home: Sheriff
- Florida deputy fatally shoots wife, then himself with kids in home
- Deputies fatally shoot man while serving warrant in Heights
- Uber driver fatally shoots man in 'classic stand your ground case,' Florida sheriff says
- Multiple fatalities reported in mass shooting at Jacksonville, Fla., video game tournament
- California police escort sister of slain deputy to middle school
- A Florida man is dead following confrontation with police
- Multiple fatalities in shooting at video game tournament in Florida
- The Daystarter: Building a wall against Red Tide; PolitiFact on a proposed $1 billion tax hike; Dungy goes into Ring of Honor
- 30 years ago: The serial killer trial that shocked San Antonio
Florida sheriff's deputy fatally shot dead have 207 words, post on at September 23, 2015. This is cached page on Law Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.