South Sudan On August 27th, emergency relief teams from the United Nations (U.N.) Children’s Fund (UNICEF) and the World Food Programme (WFP) reached more than 27,000 people in the town of Wau Shilluk, South Sudan who have been cut off from receiving humanitarian supplies since March. For the past several months, access problems and concerns for staff safety have prevented humanitarian agencies from reaching people in rural areas in Upper Nile state. The situation was described here.On August 28th, the U.N. Security Council welcomed the recent signature by South Sudanese President Salva Kiir, opposition leader Riek Machar, and others of the Agreement on the Resolution of the Conflict in South Sudan and called on all parties to implement the accord and adhere to the permanent ceasefire. The Security Council also confirmed its intention to move swiftly to update the mandate of the U.N. Mission in South Sudan (UNMISS) to support the implementation of the agreement and expressed its willingness to address any violations or failures of any party to implement its provisions, including through the imposition of an arms embargo and additional sanctions. On August 28th, despite South Sudanese President Salva Kiir’s decision to sign a peace agreement, both the government… Read full this story
- South Africa coronavirus variant 501.V2: What is the new variant? Is it more dangerous?
- Stowaway who survived a 5,600-mile flight at -60C clinging to a jumbo jet from Africa to Heathrow has got asylum and is living in Liverpool
- FOCAC promotes common development of China and Africa
- Jihadists behind 2015 Mali terror attacks sentenced to death
- Live Cricket Score - South Africa vs Sri Lanka, 2nd Test, Day 2, Johannesburg
- Live Cricket Score - South Africa vs Sri Lanka, 2nd Test, Day 3, Johannesburg
- Live Cricket Score - South Africa vs Sri Lanka, 1st Test, Day 4
- South Africa defeat injury-hit Sri Lanka by an innings at Centurion
- Live Cricket Score - South Africa vs Sri Lanka, 2nd Test, Day 1, Johannesburg
- South Africa vs Sri Lanka Live Cricket Score and Updates: SA vs SL 2nd Test match Live cricket score at The Wanderers Stadium, Johannesburg
Africa Update for September 3, 2015 have 345 words, post on www.natlawreview.com at September 2, 2015. This is cached page on Law Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.