Dennis came away from the Hungarian Grand Prix buoyed by the car’s performance that he believed had the potential to secure a top-10 grid slot, even before Fernando Alonso secured a confidence-boosting fifth place, with Jenson Button ninth, in the race.“I think what we took away from the weekend most is our pace,” Dennis told Motorsport.com. “We had problems in qualifying which masked the potential to be between 8th and 12th. And our race pace was good.“We overtook a lot of cars and we had pretty good car balance. Now the work that we have been putting into not just the car but the engine will star to flow into the next few races. “We will definitely have another step in Spa, and then I think it will get progressively better.” Also see: McLaren’s team page Tyre temperature the chassis issue Dennis confirmed that the main problem his team has encountered, apart from the issues with Honda’s new powerplant and ancillaries, has been a lack of tyre temperature to switch the control Pirelli rubber ‘on’.“One of the things that we wrestle with is the tyre temperature,” he explained. “We just don’t have the level of overall performance to generate the… Read full this story
- Formula One joker Lando Norris ready to show serious side in bid to get McLaren back in podium hunt
- Mercedes still look supreme after testing but Red Bull are ready to fight
- Flooding: Storm Dennis is 'a taste of things to come' for Wales
- Awesome Tech You Can’t Buy Yet: Solar bike lights and a solid-state wristwatch
- Glam Time! See How All the Stars Are Getting Ready for the 2020 SAG Awards
- Second NZ Test: 'Prithvi is ready to go'; Jadeja may replace Ashwin
- Coronavirus: RBI ready to cut rates, asks banks to prepare contingency plans
- God's Not Dead: A Light in Darkness review – preposterous threequel
- SF moves to ready the Embarcadero for earthquakes, sea level rise
- Is Hamilton better than Schumacher by miles?
Dennis: McLaren pace is ready to "light up" have 327 words, post on www.motorsport.com at August 5, 2015. This is cached page on Law Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.