(VOVworld)- With its unique architecture, Bitexco Financial Tower in Ho Chi Minh City has become a tourist attraction. Shaped like a lotus, the tower symbolizes Ho Chi Minh City’s prosperity.
Located in District 1, Ho Chi Minh city, Bitexco Financial Tower covers nearly 6,100 square meters and required an investment of 400 million USD. On the tower’s 50th floor, there is a helicopter pad. Vu Quang Hoi, President of the Bitexco Group, says the design of the tower was inspired by the beauty and charm of Vietnamese lotus flowers: “It’s difficult for us to ensure both the economic benefit and cultural and architectural features for our project. We gathered the most elite experts and mobilized builders from the Republic of Korea to implement this project. The tower is well operated like other symbolic skyscrapers around the world and guarantees the best service for visitors”.
The tower began operation on October 31, 2010 as the tallest building in Vietnam at that time and now ranks second after the Keangnam Hanoi Landmark Tower which was completed a year later. From its inauguration, the tower is now the 110th tallest skyscraper in the world and was ranked by the US Committee for High-rise Buildings as one of the world’s greatest skyscrapers. Mr. Carlos Zapata of the US, the main architect of the project says that the design of the tower was not aimed at competing for its height but to show the vitality of the tower through the images of a lotus bud and conical hat reflecting Vietnam’s culture. The tower is 262 meters high and is comprised of 68 floors. Thousands of reinforced glass panels were imported from Belgium and processed in the Republic of Korea. Each panel is different from the next. 37,000 square meters of the tower are dedicated to office space and 11,000 square meters for shopping areas, recreation and services. The observation deck “Saigon Skydeck” on the 49th floor offers visitors a 360-degree view of HCMC.
Do Quoc Le is a member of staff at the tower: “With its outstanding height and observation deck, the tower has become a tourist attraction in Ho Chi Minh City. From the tower, visitors can have a panoramic view of the city. The tower demonstrates Vietnamese people’s wisdom, strength and potential”.
The tower sparkles at night in laser light and in recent years, the tower has served as a venue for magnificent firework displays.
- Half-baked 9/11 cake stirs ire, but Vienna pastry chef claims Twin Towers are symbolic of Austria’s political dysfunction
- 'Freedom' out at WTC: Port Authority says The Freedom Tower is now 1 World Trade Center
- DARK SKY OVER N.Y.S. PAVILION TOWER'S WARNING LIGHT NEEDS FIX
- Chinese biz becomes first private-sector tenant in Freedom Tower
- Tower plan envisions icon of Bronx: 176-ft. tall structure in works
- New tower at 1 World Trade Center draws investors
- Carving up Thanksgiving myths: Pilgrims and turkeys are more symbol than history
- SOUTH BRONX SIZZLE: Once a symbol of urban blight, the formerly burned out neighborhood is now a major draw for investors
- LET FBI, CIA SIT AT TOP OF TOWER
- LESS FREEDOM TOWER?. PA: MORE TENANTS OR CUTBACK
- TOWER COMES SHINING THRU. Pros say third time's the charm for Freedom plan
- FREEDOM FIGHTING. MORE TENANTS OR LESS TOWER: PA BIG
- Contractors spend weeks removing weak concrete from Freedom Tower
- North Korea destroys reactor tower
- 25 years later, Thurman Munson's last words remain a symbol of his life
- Goldman Sachs building and Ground Zero - symbols of greed and heroism - are yards apart
- Acclaimed sci-fi author David Brin says 'Star Trek' shows we can live long and prosper
- City launches study to see whether World's Fair towers can be saved
- GROUND ZERO MOB TIE? FIRM BANNED BY CITY & FEDS EXCAVATING FOR FREEDOM TOWER
- TOWER TENANTS TRIUMPH. CAN STAY IN CROWN HTS.
Bitexco tower- Symbol of prosperity have 625 words, post on english.vov.vn at June 9, 2015. This is cached page on Law Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.