Tesla CEO Elon Musk has no problem sharing his opinions, and his latest supposition concerns the self-driving cars his company and others are working to put on the road.Autonomous cars will be so much safer than human drivers that they might lead to an outright ban on people getting behind the wheel, Musk said at a recent Nvidia conference.“In the distant future, I think people may outlaw driving cars because it’s too dangerous,” Automotive News (subscription required) reports him as saying. “You can’t have a person driving a two-ton death machine.”Not that Musk wants this to happen. He subsequently noted on Twitter that Tesla doesn’t advocate a full machine takeover.While Tesla is working on autonomous technology, it envisions an “Autopilot” system that can take over under certain circumstances, but is built around the assumption that owners will still want to drive themselves.“To be clear, Tesla is is strongly in favor of people being allowed to drive their cars and always will be,” he wrote, adding, “Hopefully that is obvious.”However, he still claimed that, when self-driving cars become safer than human-driven cars “the public may outlaw the latter.”Musk is saying what many self-driving skeptics are likely thinking, and while it’s too early to… Read full this story
- Elon Musk decides not to take Tesla private
- Meet Elon Musk: The Tesla owner and controversial billionaire
- Elon Musk: how Tesla troubles could impact Musk's space dreams
- Man being blasted into space by Elon Musk says he 'trusts' him
- Elon Musk revives ‘pedo’ claim about British cave diver
- Diver's girlfriend slams Elon Musk's baseless 'child rapist' claim
- Elon Musk says he may take Tesla private, shares soar
- Japanese billionaire to be Elon Musk's first space tourist
- Cave diver called paedo by Elon Musk ‘to sue him in three countries'
- Elon Musk to resign as Tesla chair in deal over 'go-private' tweets
Elon Musk thinks driving could become illegal have 321 words, post on www.digitaltrends.com at March 18, 2015. This is cached page on Law Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.