Ellen Pao’s resume includes a stint as an associate at Cravath Swaine & Moore as well as a bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering from Princeton University and dual graduate degrees, in law and business, from Harvard University.But she didn’t have what it takes to succeed at Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers, the storied venture capital firm contends. In a hard-fought, high-profile case that has Silicon Valley agog as it appears poised for trial, former partner Ellen Pao is seeking $16 million in back pay and punitive damages, contending that she was frozen out when she complained of discrimination, according to the Bloomberg, New York Times (reg. req.), the San Francisco Chronicle, the San Jose Mercury News and USA Today. The firm says it did nothing wrong.Pao, now 45, says she was pressured into having sex with a married colleague. He retaliated against her when she ended it and was promoted, Pao contends. She eventually lost her job after complaining about claimed discrimination by her former colleague and others.In a pretrial filing, Kleiner Perkins says the affair was consensual, denies any discrimination and contends Pao “lacked the ability to lead others, build consensus and be a team player, which is crucial… Read full this story
- Google's 'bro-culture' meant routine sexual harassment of women, suit says
- Venture capitalist: Our firm is diverse because it's a 'challenge' to pronounce employees' names
- Uber is facing a staggering number of lawsuits
- For Women Who Just Want to Bone, May We Suggest Craigslist
- Built to Flip
- Ivanka Trump's Guide to Finding a Work-Life Balance When You Don't Care About Other Women's Work or Lives
- Don’t Burn Out!
- What GitHub did to kill its trolls
- Pittsburgh Anchor Got Fired for Essentially Pegging Young Black Men as Killers in Facebook Post
- All the Right Connections
Silicon Valley agog as trial looms in high-profile sex-discrimination case against Kleiner Perkins have 294 words, post on www.abajournal.com at February 23, 2015. This is cached page on Law Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.