The UK Anti-Corruption Plan, published in late 2014, sets the strategic direction for anti-corruption activity in the UK.It contains 66 action points that the UK government will undertake by the end of 2015 in line with four components:Pursue – prosecuting and disrupting people engaged in corruption;Prevent – preventing people from engaging in corruption;Protect – increasing protection against corruption; andPrepare – reducing the impact of corruption where it takes place.The Plan states that the immediate priorities in the UK are to: Build a better picture of the threat from corruption and the UK’s vulnerabilities; Increase protection against the use of corruption by organised criminals and strengthen integrity in key sectors and institutions, including the criminal justice system and regulated professions; and Strengthen law enforcement response so that the UK can pursue, more effectively, those who engage in corruption or launder their corrupt funds in the UK. The international priorities are to engage with overseas partners to: Improve transparency, tackle money-laundering and return stolen assets; Raise global standards for all, including through our international development programmes; and Promote sustainable growth, including through our work to stop bribery.The Plan sets 66 specific actions to achieve these objectives. These actions include the following:Examine the merits of a new… Read full this story
- The silencing of Malta's anti-corruption campaigner
- Swine flu vaccine can trigger narcolepsy, UK government concedes
- Kenyan authorities detain 50 in anti-corruption drive
- Is Geoffrey Cox turning a deaf ear to arms deal corruption?
- Geoffrey Cox accused of 'sitting on' Airbus subsidiary corruption case
- Corruption probe hears former Victorian Liberal MP couriered developer's cash to Casey councillor
- Elizabeth Warren’s Crusade Against Corruption
- Brexit: MPs voting on plan to take control of process
- The truth about property developers: how they are exploiting planning authorities and ruining our cities
- How Purdue Pharma Planted The Opioid 'Anti-Story'
Pursue, Prevent, Protect And Prepare – The UK Government’s Anti-Corruption Plan have 293 words, post on www.natlawreview.com at February 25, 2015. This is cached page on Law Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.