ENERGY AND CLIMATE DEBATECongress returns from the Presidents Day recess, and energy and climate issues will heat up again this work period as Congress sends the Keystone XL pipeline legislation to President Obama, committees consider fiscal year 2016 spending requests, Senators Jeanne Shaheen (D-NH) and Rob Portman (R-OH) prepare to introduce a broad energy efficiency package, and the Federal Energy Regulatory Committee holds a workshop on the Clean Power Plan, all in the midst of a calendar filled with other issues such as funding for the Department of Homeland Security, nominations, the Doc Fix, an authorization for the use of force against ISIS, and a handful of other potential measures.The tax reform debate is expected to continue in the coming days, weeks, and months, though it is becoming increasingly likely that comprehensive tax reform may be too difficult a lift this year. If Congress is unable to come to an agreement on tax reform, we will turn increasingly to tax extenders as we near the end of the year. House Ways and Means Committee Chair Paul Ryan (R-WI) and Ranking Member Sandy Levin (D-MI) clashed February 12 over the committee’s decision to make permanent several expired tax provisions ahead of… Read full this story
- French wind energy ‘in limbo’ for more than a year
- How can Suffolk’s nature coast and energy coast co-exist?
- EU's electricity market revamp hailed as ‘game-changer’ for clean energy
- Scottish onshore wind energy jobs down a third
- Rainham and Dagenham MP Jon Cruddas’s petition opposes plans for Bexley Energy Park over air quality concerns
- Owners of new-build homes ‘spend £200 more on energy after standards axed’
- England rugby star Lawes reveals surprising past in a very different sport
- Lithuanian renewable energy state aid gets EU approval
- Seven EU nations miss climate and energy plan deadline
- Member States approve investment for EU energy infrastructure
Energy & Environmental Law Update-- February 23, 2015 have 301 words, post on www.natlawreview.com at February 24, 2015. This is cached page on Law Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.