A California sheriff’s deputy was killed and three others were wounded in a shooting spree that started in a motel parking lot in Sacramento on Friday, authorities said. Both suspects, described on Twitter by the California Highway Patrol as a man and a woman, both Hispanic and heavily armed, were taken into custody, police said. The incident began on Friday morning in the parking lot of a Motel 6 when a deputy, later identified as Danny Oliver, 47, approached a vehicle considered to be suspicious, said Sacramento County Sheriff Lieutenant R.L. Davis. Someone inside the car fired multiple rounds at Oliver, who was struck in the chest. On Friday afternoon, Sacramento Sheriff Scott Jones said that Oliver had died of his wounds at the University of California, Davis, Medical Center in Sacramento. “We grieve as a family,” Sacramento Sheriff Scott Jones said at a news conference on Friday afternoon. He said that Oliver, a 15-year veteran of the force, left behind a wife and two daughters. After shooting Oliver, the car’s occupants then carjacked a vehicle nearby, shooting the man who was at the wheel before fleeing, Davis said. Police initially said that the civilian who was carjacked was a…
- At Least 33 People Shot, 5 Killed This Weekend; Shooting Spree By One Man Killed 3 People In Different Places
- Asian Americans Killed in Atlanta Shooting Spree
- 2 Deputies Killed In Shopping Center Shootout; Suspect Also Dead
- 2 Veteran Sheriff’s Deputies Killed By 68-Year-Old Man In Md.
- 2 Women Shot, 1 Killed In Kenwood Condo Building; U Of C Student Shot Dead Nearby Amid Shooting Spree
- 15-Year-Old Girl Shot, Critically Wounded In Fernwood Amid Shooting Spree From South Side To Evanston
- US shooting spree leaves 1 officer dead, 6 wounded
- Who killed the California dream? If you think it was liberals, think again
- 2 Hurt In Shooting At Seafood Restaurant In Brooklyn
- Pastor dead, 2 hurt in shooting at Texas church
Deputy killed, three others hurt in California shooting spree have 308 words, post on at October 25, 2014. This is cached page on Law Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.