Education Media & Publishing Group Holding BV (EMPG) was advised by J. Sagar Associates on sale of its shares of S. Chand Harcourt (India) Private Limited (S. Chand Harcourt) to S. Chand and Company Private Limited (S. Chand) and its affiliates.EMPG is a holding company of learning tools and programs in print and software forms to students, parents and academicians.EMPG and S. Chand had equivalent shares invested in S. Chand Harcourt. Whereby, it was a Joint Venture with 50:50 share investments.S. Chand Harcourt is engaged in the business of customization, localization, sale & marketing of multimedia products and related products targeting the pre-school, primary and secondary school education market in the Indian territory.The JSA team comprised of Partners – Shivpriya Nanda & Trisheet Chatterjee; and Senior Associates – Zain Pandit & Tallina Patnaik. The S. Chand group was represented by Dua Associates. The team was led by Partners – Sita Khosla and Nirvaan Gupta along with Associates – Nidhi Seth and Apoorv Garg.Debevoise & Plimpton LLP also advised EMPG on Intellectual Property related issues.
- Facebook IPO priced at $38 per share: Questions and answers about company’s public debut
- Who is Gov. Ducey talking to about tax for education?
- Trying to quit smoking? Join an online support group
- Cooke: Social media rife with lazy, prejudiced, dangerous users
- U.K. publisher Pearson buys 5% stake in Barnes & Noble’s Nook unit for $89.5 million
- Heroin, drug deaths prompt families to share stories
- Black business owners strain to sell to black consumers
- Japanese media group Nikkei to buy Financial Times from Pearson for $1.3 billion
- New Facebook project aims to strengthen ties with media
- GREAT PEOPLE: Blogger Liz Gumbinner and a group of American moms trek to Ethiopia on a learning expedition
Education Media and Publishing Group sells S. Chand Harcourt shares have 279 words, post on www.livelaw.in at August 1, 2014. This is cached page on Law Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.